Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We Buy Any Car have offered us £5,650 for our 64 plate Accenta Nissan Leaf.

Does anyone know what cables the Leaf 24 originally came with as we bought the car used. We have the granny lead and a type 2 to type 1 cable.

Wondering which cable to include with the car and which to sell separately.

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,663 Posts
Hi all

Does anyone know what cables the Leaf 24 originally came with as we bought the car used. We have the granny lead and a type 2 to type 1 cable.

Thanks
Back then, I think the 3.3kW Charger models came with only a granny cable, and the 6.6kW models only came with a Type 1 cable. It wasn't until later when both were supplied as standard from memory.

What's the condition of the car like overall? If it isn't absolutely perfect WBAC are known to be super picky and will knock the price down with a very detailed inspection when it's brought to them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, ours is the 3.3 version. The car is in good condition, no dents or scratches, but it’s black so the paint has the inevitable swirls. Only cosmetic thing I noticed was a little bit of the blue is peeling off the Nissan badge revealing the silver underneath.

We rang Nissan and they didn’t want the car as too old to warranty on their forecourt, but they did say they would retail it at 7K, and that privately advertising at 6K to achieve 5.5K would be about right. WBAC had offered £5, but have now updated the price up by £500.

At that price it is tempting. I wonder how much they would try and knock off. I guess you can always just walk away.

I just wondered if they were clued up enough to know what cables should and should not be included. No point throwing both cables in if we could get an extra few hundred for them on ebay.

Its only done 26,000 miles but lost a bar over a year ago. Still hovering around 85% SOH

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
I've found WBAC to be pretty fair, as long as you're realistic with your expectations, and honest with any flaws. In my experience they have zero interest in the mechanical condition - only care about the visual appearance and I was asked about 5 times if I had both keys!

They do offer a very convenient service, and avoiding having to deal with timewasters has its value.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing we need to check out is Nissan always did the service log on their system, so we have no log book to prove it has a full service history. WBAC will expect something as evidence. Perhaps we need to ring Nissan and see if they can email us something as proof of full service history.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts
One thing we need to check out is Nissan always did the service log on their system, so we have no log book to prove it has a full service history. WBAC will expect something as evidence. Perhaps we need to ring Nissan and see if they can email us something as proof of full service history.
I don't think that they will care about what kind of cable you give them. All of the cars are going to auctions, so as long as you have all the paperwork, two keys etc they are happy. As someone mentioned above, the visual is way more important to them and they are aware that a lot of the new cars have electronic service history, so not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My '15 plate only came with the granny. I'd only give them that regardless...

Only experience I've had with WBAC was a few years ago but their revised quote on seeing the car was low enough for me not to bother. They were picky about the alloys and their 'estimate' for repair was pricey. We got a better price taking it to Evans Halshaw. It was an ICE though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
Ioniq 38, 2021
65 Posts
If you get the chance, before selling to WBAC check out ‘Motorway’. They put your car into a daily online auction for dealers around the country. We got much more for our car than the offer from WBAC. Just might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,504 Posts
Its worth getting the wheels done by Chipsaway or similar if any have been curbed and also and stone chips need to be touched up.
They will use any excuse to not honour the revised offer, which is designed to get you to them, knowing you are unlikely to drive the car away.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
619 Posts
Its worth getting the wheels done by Chipsaway or similar if any have been curbed and also and stone chips need to be touched up.
They will use any excuse to not honour the revised offer, which is designed to get you to them, knowing you are unlikely to drive the car away.
When I took my BMW there I detailed it prior to the inspection, had the alloys refinished and went over it with a font tooth comb.

The guy who inspected it said the only thing he found was dirt and that he couldn’t mark it down for that.

They still tried to lowball me and I said that the car was fully loaded with all options fitted and if they didn’t honour their offer I would just sell it elsewhere.

They paid me the price they offered on the web (after a phone call to his manager).

It can be done.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have sold a couple of cars to them. They ALWAYS knock at least 10% off even for cars in excellent condition.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,504 Posts
Hi all

Thanks
Have you thought about selling on here?
Do you know what state the battery is in - have you Leafspy?
spicytea123 was looking for one. Could be worth a PM.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
619 Posts
I have sold a couple of cars to them. They ALWAYS knock at least 10% off even for cars in excellent condition.
Not so they offered £15,200 for my BMW 225 and that’s the price they paid.

If they had knocked 10% off that that would have been £1,520!

I don’t think that there are many folks that wouldn’t tell them to stuff it if they tried that.

Imagine taking a car worth over £30k to them are you really suggesting that they you’ll try and chip you £3k!!!?

Maybe if you have chopped low value cars then that may have held true but not for anything of any decent value.

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
I laughed all the way back to the car with the offer I was made by wbac, was peeved that I wasted an hour in the process but got far more in p/x. Would rather give it away than sell anything to them in the future

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,504 Posts
When I took my Alfa, which was only 2years old, they made a fuss over some small marks on on wheel and knocked their 'revised' off back down to the original one. What they didn't spot was the broken fog light surround.
The guy said that sellers turn up with curbed wheels and assume this is okay, but they use it as an excuse to reduce the offer even though he told me the cars go straight to auction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you get the chance, before selling to WBAC check out ‘Motorway’. They put your car into a daily online auction for dealers around the country. We got much more for our car than the offer from WBAC. Just might be worth checking out.
I’ll second the Motorway recommendation. WBAC offered me £25k for my last car and Motorway got me £31k.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,504 Posts
Wbac always send you an improved off if you ignore the first one. Usually justified by "there's increased demand for you car so we can offer you a better price". You then will be very lucky to actually receive the new price.
I will never use them again.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Also see it from their viewpoint - the trade in companies must get a lot of chancers trying to offload junk or repaired cars. They don't know what the car is like until it arrives. Scuffed wheels, bodyshop repairs, scrapes are all easy to mark down. Of course nobody wants to accept their pride and joy is worth less than a figure they have in mind, that's to be expected. Agree with other comments on here. Set it on the classifieds for £5k(£5.5k if it's in mint condition), and I expect it will be sold in days. Also be realistic as the buyer(if they are doing their due diligence) should know what your trade-in price will be from looking it up on autotrader.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you thought about selling on here?
Do you know what state the battery is in - have you Leafspy?
spicytea123 was looking for one. Could be worth a PM.
Yes we have an OBD reader and leafspy. Have only read it twice and not an expert in what it all means! Here is the latest shot showing 85.08% SOH. Very few rapid charges in its life. One cell looks lower than the others.

Look

1 - 20 of 83 Posts