Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if I am in the process of selling today with a buyer with cash waiting next to the car?
Anyway, phoning 0330 331 0220 gets one through to the RCI EV department.
Yes they can send the documents by email, but they quote that it takes them a day to process.
This seems wrong - imagine a scenario of someone travelling up to Dundee from down south, wanting to look at car and buying it there and then.
Am I supposed to ask them to hang around for a day before giving them the keys?
What a disaster.
D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Here's a PDF of the form

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks - it's only an asking price! And a local Zoe dealer has already offered 11K - so maybe I should take that?

But regardless of the specifics of selling this car and whether I had someone waiting or not - i had hoped it would be a more streamlined process - I guess it's essential for agreement to be approved before handing over keys.

D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
(maybe not so good to send out something with a VIN on it - can you still delete it?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cah197: how would you protect yourself against someone not signing/posting it, putting incorrect details on the form, or not being credit-worthy to take on such an agreement?

if the transfer of battery lease does not go through - YOU will remain responsible for battery payments even if you no longer own the car.

D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks - it's only an asking price! And a local Zoe dealer has already offered 11K - so maybe I should take that?
I would...!

Was this a straight trade in, or part exchange on another car?

I would be surprised if you got more than £11/12k in the end, since that's what most dealerships are selling similar age/mileage/spec cars for.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
cah197: how would you protect yourself against someone not signing/posting it, putting incorrect details on the form, or not being credit-worthy to take on such an agreement?

if the transfer of battery lease does not go through - YOU will remain responsible for battery payments even if you no longer own the car.

D
There's no credit check criteria for taking on the lease.

You could get them to sign a simple agreement to sign the battery lease if you're worried.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Thanks Mo!! Lovely weather in Dundee today isnt it!
D
It is but very cold though 🥶
Was it Mackies that offered 11K for your Zoe? |They are also my chosen dealer (y)

·
Zoe Devotee
7,955 Posts
There's no credit check criteria for taking on the lease.

You could get them to sign a simple agreement to sign the battery lease if you're worried.
If the new owner doesn't pay the lease though RCI will have no qualms at continuing to take the cash from the seller (who now has no car). They even write it into their contract with you for battery hire.

·
Registered
788 Posts
From an email when I asked the question...

'The new leaseholder will go through a credit check and they will also need to complete a battery transfer form, once we have received the form and approved your agreement will cease.'

·
Registered
773 Posts
All advice on the private sale of leased Zoe's is get the buyer to apply for the lease and only let the car go once RCI have approved them. Asking them to sign at time of purchase is a risk; if they don't pass RCI credit checks, you'll be stuck with the lease. You may well be better off taking the 11k from the dealer, I suspect you didn't pay that much more for it when you bought it..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts