Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Send to Car from Google or the Nissan EV app, and got it to work during the last week?

Mine used to work but now doesn't work at all from Google or the Nissan EV app.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Haven't had that work for three or four years! Not since that abominable updated version of Google maps came out. where you can't even see the roads anymore so it wouldn't be much use anyhow.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Didn't the Google Maps thing just send the destination postcode, rather than the route? Useless!

Much better to use the You+Nissan route planner and send that to the car instead, when you've got the route exactly as you want it, with judicious waypoints if necessary. Then just download when you get in the car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've just added 5 locations from Google Maps via Send to car. Double check that your Nissan Account ID hasn't altered.

It took me ages to work out where to find my Account ID and took numerous attempts at trying before I got it right. But it is currently working for me. I do know that Nissan has been migrating users over to different servers recently, maybe that is causing issues.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked and double-checked the car ID but that was fine. Then I had an idea to try sending the address from a different web browser as I usually use Chrome. Hey Presto! It worked but sending it from Firefox. Weird as it's exactly the same Google Maps page as far as I can see but if I send any addresses from Chrome, it says "Sent to Car" but it does nothing, whereas if I send the same address from the Google Maps page in Firefox it works fine! So if anyone is having the same issues, maybe try sending the address from a different web browser?

(BTW the Nissan EV app has never managed to send an address or route and rarely even connects to show the state of charge. The only way I have found to connect to the car is using the third party app My Leaf)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
(BTW the Nissan EV app has never managed to send an address or route and rarely even connects to show the state of charge. The only way I have found to connect to the car is using the third party app My Leaf)
I use the desktop web version, which always seems to work for me. I've never tried to use the app for route planning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts