Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My model 3 sentry mode seems to record everything. I've been through loads of footage and nothing happens on most of it. The car just seems to record absolutely everything.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that's what is confusing. I get in the car and it might notify me to say "2 events reported".

I'll then look the flash drive and there is loads of footage, most of which barely anything happens. In fact, a lot of the time nothing happens so I've no idea what triggered the event.

Would be frustrating if I had to search for an actual event like a dent from another car.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Not tries it out yet but surely it should save what it classes as an 'event' into a separate folder for viewing later?

And why can't you watch these 'events' on the screen in the car..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't remember if it's an hour recorded on a rolling basis (that may just be the dash cam) in the main directory but events are saved in another directory. Does get triggered by rain, cats, leaves basically anything even remotely near the cameras :)

I only use it in public car parks now and have a CCTV camera covering the car at home.

Teslacam/Sentry Reviewer is a good phone app for checking a USB device via an OTG cable.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Page 72 of the user manual may prove helpful - https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

"Within the “TeslaCam” folder, there are three sub-folders: Recent Clips, Saved Clips, and Sentry Clips. The footage in Recent Clips constantly loops in a 60-minute cycle when the cameras are activated. Therefore, the footage is constantly being overwritten every hour unless the footage is saved. When an event is recorded, one video is recorded for each of the front, rear (if equipped), left, and right cameras".

-
Recent Clips = last hour of activity from dashcam.

- Saved Clips = the last 10 minutes of footage from the Dashcam, archived if you press the icon.

- Sentry Clips = clips recorded when sentry mode is triggered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts