Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LCV is the UK’s National Low Carbon Vehicle Event.
LCV is run by Cenex, the UK's first centre of excellence for low carbon and fuel cell technologies with assistance from Supporting Partners including the Technology Strategy Board, the Department of Business Innovation and Skills, the Office for Low Emission Vehicles, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders and UK Trade & Investment.

Key features of LCV include;
  • A low and ultra low carbon vehicle and technology exhibition showcasing the innovative R&D from the UK's leading automotive technology companies and universities
  • A low carbon vehicle ride & drive where visitors can experience driving or being driven in the latest low and ultra low carbon vehicles
  • A Conference and Technical Seminar Programme run in parallel over the two days of the event covering themes in the development of technology, markets and policy influencing low and ultra low carbon vehicle Research, Development, Demonstration and Deployment
  • A Business Exchange where visitors have the opportunity to book meetings and interact with UK and International Visitors
LCV Event aims to:-
  • Provide a showcase for UK capabilities, positioning the UK as a leader in LCV technology development and exploitation
  • Build organisations’ awareness and confidence to adopt Low Carbon Vehicle technologies in vehicles and in fleet operations
- See more at: http://www.cenex-lcv.co.uk/about-lcv.asp#sthash.HXta7Nxj.dpuf

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
I really enjoyed it last year, it's a good day out for real EV geeks :)

If we can get a bit of a presence of EV drivers that would be great, a formal speakEV presence would be fantastic!

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
EVDA has applied for exhibition space at CENEX 2014 - we will again be displaying the cars of the two EVDA Members who made up Team GB for this year's WAVE event - Green Motorsport and EV Matters.

EVDA 'team members' will be on hand to answer questions and receive the feedback from SpeakEV members!

Its is indeed the premier low carbon even of the year and you will be able to experince the car of your chice on the Millbrook Circuit! If it is per 2013 - then EV Fast Charging will be available in a designated part of the car park!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
EVDA has applied for exhibition space at CENEX 2014 - we will again be displaying the cars of the two EVDA Members who made up Team GB for this year's WAVE event - Green Motorsport and EV Matters.

EVDA 'team members' will be on hand to answer questions and receive the feedback from SpeakEV members!

Its is indeed the premier low carbon even of the year and you will be able to experince the car of your chice on the Millbrook Circuit! If it is per 2013 - then EV Fast Charging will be available in a designated part of the car park!
What actual vehicles are they?

·
Banned
558 Posts
Green Motorsport and EV Matters teamed to form Team Green Motorsport/ Team GB as the only UK registered vehicles in WAVE 2014. Green Motorsport is a light-weight all terrain EV designed for remote areas of the 3rd World. The entire drive-train was designed and built by Green Motorsport. EV Matters acted as support vehicle with an iMiev. Both completed the event and EV Matters got the Travellers Trophy for coming the longest distance to the start! We registered the EV Matters Start as Stornoway (Isle of Lewis) and beat the nearest competitor by 1000+kms!

Reactions: fenlander

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Happy to make enquiries, nice and local to me too. :)
Cool. When I first went in 2011 and someone on one of the panels asked "are there any plugin vehicle drivers in the room?" I think I may have been the only hand raised. Last year there was maybe four or five.

Reactions: Paul

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Green Motorsport and EV Matters teamed to form Team Green Motorsport/ Team GB as the only UK registered vehicles in WAVE 2014. Green Motorsport is a light-weight all terrain EV designed for remote areas of the 3rd World. The entire drive-train was designed and built by Green Motorsport. EV Matters acted as support vehicle with an iMiev. Both completed the event and EV Matters got the Travellers Trophy for coming the longest distance to the start! We registered the EV Matters Start as Stornoway (Isle of Lewis) and beat the nearest competitor by 1000+kms!
So to represent Electric Vehicle drivers in the UK you have a one off prototype and a car which manged only one sale in the whole of 2013. Is that the right choice?

·
Banned
558 Posts
So to represent Electric Vehicle drivers in the UK you have a one off prototype and a car which manged only one sale in the whole of 2013. Is that the right choice?
Sorry - but the Tesla is in not representaive of the UK 'EV fleet' and the WAVE Nissan Leaf distinguished itself (on WAVE) by getting as far a Ghent and coming back using a relay of tow trucks! Sorry, but there's no place for the the car that earned the WAVE 2014 'wooden spoon'!:(:(
Besides being at any show has little to do with the exhibits - its all about the people - getting a stand at Fleetworld 2014, GreenFleet 2014, Evolution 2014, EcoTechnology 2014 and hopefully CENEX 2014 is ALL about 'networking'! These shows get the EVDA 'brand' out there and gets the organisation (and its team) recognised by all the other stakeholders.
Further, its the Motor/ Eco shows and activities such as WAVE capture the public imagination and are more likely progress the 'low carbon initiative', than sounding off on a chat room!:cool::cool:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Doing my best here to be courteous and respectful, in accordance with the EVDA code of conduct:

Further, its the Motor/ Eco shows and activities such as WAVE capture the public imagination and are more likely progress the 'low carbon initiative', than sounding off on a chat room!:cool::cool:
I suspect that balance of power changed a long time ago. Only a tiny fraction of people ever attend such shows whereas everyone Googles when looking for a new car. I'm seeing less and less interest in trade shows.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just to keep you all in Loop, I have been away today on trip up North! On the way down again now, shall reply to any posts as soon as I return, currently charging at Wetherby in a lovely summers evening! Just gotta love these enforced stops to check out the views :)

Reactions: fenlander

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree with Brian that these shows are mostly about networking, pressing the flesh and making contacts. I hope to be there for Plug in Britain doing just that... no stand but should get around to say hi to everyone and explain who we are.

I might get to attend one or two of the presentations too.

If anyone fancies coming round talking to people with me, giving me some actual and moral support and help, then I'd really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
As one of our first replies to a thread, we the EVDA would like to say hi and look forward to our polite interactions to help build a better embraced community to fight for the greater good of the EV communities in the years ahead, comments made in forums are that of the mind of the EVDA will only be via this account.

Thanks in advance :)

CENEX 2014

The cars attending in themselves are there as an example of the whole EV collective and the events that occur around the communities of EV's, as an Added display point the cars will be there to demonstrate events such as WAVE 2014, also as an aside, to help support a charitable organisation, in this case "Help the Hero's" which I'm sure you all agree is a very worth while cause and of course it goes without saying, it would be nice to have an example of every EV out there but limited space etc means we have to cherry pick our display elements.

We will of course have display materials which will demonstrate the EV communities in full. Of course EVDA-UK personnel will be on hand to answer the many questions that may well come our way.

All cars currently in the UK market are great examples of the EV market, each targeted at a very different group be that shorter range cars such as The Renault Zoe, Nissan Leaf or even the VW e-UP! Then of course the Tesla Model S.

I'm sure all are very good cars and they do what they are sold as to very high levels, sadly matters totally out of control of the car can stop shorter range cars in their tracks and of course that is charger infrastructure!

This is one reason why the EVDA came into being, we need a voice at policy level and we are making in roads to see that happen so we can push for greater support for the EV driver. The UK has a pretty decent charger network in the main with active programs in place to further expand that network greatly in the next 12 months.

Sadly, Europe is a different story and still some major work needed to bring it to even close to the UK, I'm ver confident that the Nissan Leaf would had made WAVE if the European charging facilities were greatly better implemented!

As the EVDA we do expect to use the event to open future doors through networking but also we see it as a crucial pathway to open doors to new members and to interact with the EV community on the whole and we are looking forward to that ability brought to us at these type of events.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Can whoever is posting for EVDA please end the post with their name.
I hate name less posting, even when I phone up my insurance company the people answer with their names.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts