Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On September 28th, Stretton Climate Care are holding their annual Electric Vehicles Day in the Church Stretton Co-op Car Park, Lion Meadow, Church Stretton SY6 6BX (by the Polar charging post).

Further details are available at http://strettonclimatecare.org.uk/events/event/electric-vehicle-day/

Dealers will be showing; Audi Etron, Renault Zoe, BMW i3 and fully electric Kia Nero e. There are currently spare places for enthusiastic EV owners to show off their pride and joy. If you wish to show your EV, please contact Stretton Climate Care at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Must admit I had to look up to see where Church Stretton is! Might toddle along there, will pop it in the diary. Thanks :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
This should be an interesting event. Do you have a list of cars that will be there? The website is a little thin on information.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
We should be there in our Kona...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
On September 28th, Stretton Climate Care are holding their annual Electric Vehicles Day in the Church Stretton Co-op Car Park, Lion Meadow, Church Stretton SY6 6BX (by the Polar charging post).
Out of interest, why isn't the Polar charging post on Zap map? Basically if it's not on Zap Map, most people won't find it...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of interest, why isn't the Polar charging post on Zap map? Basically if it's not on Zap Map, most people won't find it...
Yes

When I looked this afternoon, the Polar charging post is shown on Zap-Map, but at small scales it is hidden by the pin for the Burway Garages charging point. Zap-map need to have a better system of deciding which point comes out on top when there are several points in a locality - in my view, the pins for Rapids should not be hidden by those for public destination chargers, which should not be hidden by those for destination chargers tied to commercial establishments (eg cafes).

If you are coming to the electric vehicles event and require a charge, please ask one of the stewards (we are all wearing hi-viz jackets and yellow caps) so that we can arrange access to the charging point - we have RFID cards for the post so you don't need to pay the Polar Instant minimum charge.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Ah, I didn't recognise it because it says "Plugged-in Midlands". It's really annoying to have all these pseudonyms when really it's just Polar. Why can't it just show "Polar" when you click on the tag, and then only show who operates it if you dig more deeply?

Thank you in any case. No need for me to charge, I could go there and back twice with the Kona's range ;).

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes

When I looked this afternoon, the Polar charging post is shown on Zap-Map, but at small scales it is hidden by the pin for the Burway Garages charging point. Zap-map need to have a better system of deciding which point comes out on top when there are several points in a locality - in my view, the pins for Rapids should not be hidden by those for public destination chargers, which should not be hidden by those for destination chargers tied to commercial establishments (eg cafes).

If you are coming to the electric vehicles event and require a charge, please ask one of the stewards (we are all wearing hi-viz jackets and yellow caps) so that we can arrange access to the charging point - we have RFID cards for the post so you don't need to pay the Polar Instant minimum charge.
It is a mystery to me why they put the oldest, lowest power, most unreliable chargers on top.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Where is the delete button for cock-ups?
Yes

It is a mystery to me why they put the oldest, lowest power, most unreliable chargers on top.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Nice to meet people yesterday, including the incredibly enthusiast organiser (was that you, @Hilltop Dave )? I was impressed by the Audi rep who new infinitely more than any Hyundai dealer I've ever met, though he did get kW (power) and kWh (battery capacity) mixed up. Nice range of cars there too :) Thanks for organising it, we'll be back next year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts