Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to press go on an ex-demonstrator GT Line. However geography and logistics mean any warranty, service or general maintenance work will likely be at a dealer elsewhere. Are there issues with this or are renault’s processes grown up enough to handle this?

·
Registered
Zoe R110 ZE40
272 Posts
Servicing doesn't have to be at a dealership. Warrenty is through an insurance company, although dealerships know the system better than independents.

You only need to deal with the group that sold it if it's a selling issue.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
31,823 Posts
I’m about to press go on an ex-demonstrator GT Line. However geography and logistics mean any warranty, service or general maintenance work will likely be at a dealer elsewhere. Are there issues with this or are renault’s processes grown up enough to handle this?
You will not have an issue getting a local dealer to give you precisely the same level of warranty back up you can expect from where you bought it.

...... I will resist writing the next line, as @cah197 and others might take some personal offence, but you can figure out what I am likely to write next about the nature of that 'same' warranty.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Servicing doesn't have to be at a dealership. Warrenty is through an insurance company, although dealerships know the system better than independents.

You only need to deal with the group that sold it if it's a selling issue.
Warranty for an ex-demo car will be through Renault itself (unless it's REALLY old!). The insurance is for when the manufacturer's warranty expires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts