Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Took delivery of new Nissan leaf n-connect 40.kw. This was the day before lock down and handover was difficult and brief. My question is do Nissan provide a service book that records your service and details of work carried out and recommendations as my previous ICE cars? I cannot reach anyone from the Nissan dealership at the moment. No rush obviously but just wondered if it had been omitted.
Silverdart.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
610 Posts
Hello @Silver dart and welcome to the forum, your dealer or supplier should have provided you with a "Warranty Booklet and Maintenance Record". On the first page they insert a stick in a Warranty Certificate that has your vehicle identification number and warranty commencing date and the selling dealer ship details.

Quite often when the vehicle is supplied by a leasing company, they supply the warranty booklet but omit inserting the internal stickers with the vehicle particulars.

The short answer is YES you should have been supplied with a warranty booklet. hope this helps.

·
Registered
429 Posts
All new BMW and Minis now have electronic service history records. This means no more service book.

I do not know about the Nissan leaf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi to all of you and thanks for your input. I do have the three books together with a safety instruction re (EVSE). Diving into the black wallet further, I have discovered a three page computer diagnosis for my car which is obviously the dealer pre-sale check-over as it covers all components. It is dated 3rd March and that ties in with my purchase. No actual service book though which suggests to me that the car will tell me when the service is due and that after completion I will receive more diagnosis sheets. I also imagine that there is little point having a book as the record of services can be drawn up from the cars onboard computer. OK if you sell the car back to a dealer but maybe best to keep the diagnosis sheets for a private sale.
Once again thanks to all . I have many more questions to ask, especially re charges away from home on longish journeys, which I'm nervous about, but i will come back later on that subject as I can't even take the car off the drive at the moment. I must be the only person with a new car with hardly any mileage at all after eight weeks!!!
Cheers
Robert

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
A lot of manufacturers don’t supply paper service books anymore.
I am not a big lover of this, a bit “Old School” me.
Okay, have a digital record back up, that’s fine.
But I do like the paper service record at my disposal.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
610 Posts
Hi to all of you and thanks for your input. I do have the three books together with a safety instruction re (EVSE). Diving into the black wallet further, I have discovered a three page computer diagnosis for my car which is obviously the dealer pre-sale check-over as it covers all components. It is dated 3rd March and that ties in with my purchase. No actual service book though which suggests to me that the car will tell me when the service is due and that after completion I will receive more diagnosis sheets. I also imagine that there is little point having a book as the record of services can be drawn up from the cars onboard computer. OK if you sell the car back to a dealer but maybe best to keep the diagnosis sheets for a private sale.
Once again thanks to all . I have many more questions to ask, especially re charges away from home on longish journeys, which I'm nervous about, but i will come back later on that subject as I can't even take the car off the drive at the moment. I must be the only person with a new car with hardly any mileage at all after eight weeks!!!
Cheers
Robert
I am actually in the same position as you, I picked a brand new LEAF on 10th March and Likewise is sat on the drive and only has 500 miles on the clock after 2 months. When I picked the vehicle up the dealer as part of the hand over gave me the document pack and enclosed with that pack was warranty booklet and maintenance record with the vehicle details correctly inserted in the front blank pages. It should be supplied with the vehicle and is a must have in future when / if the vehicle is part exchange.

NISSAN keep electronic records but they are basic and mainly relate to battery health management, they are not proof that the vehicle has been service in accordance with the manufacturers servicing schedules. The only proof is the warranty booklet that has been endorsed by the approved service agent.

When I part exchanged my previously LEAF the NISSAN dealer required the warranty booklet and maintenance record to be available and was checked as part of the hand over. That will be passed onto the new owner so that they have confidence that the vehicle that they are purchasing has been properly maintained and any subsequent claims under the warranty would be not be voided.

The car does not tell you when the vehicle needs servicing although I believe a reminder can be set.

The warranty booklet and maintenance record is essential and must / should be supplied by the dealer.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi again.
Got through to Sales Manager who was working from home who apologised profusely and will rectify next week.
Thanks, everyone.
Robert

1 - 11 of 11 Posts