Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but prices were given some months back and may not be valid now!
I am in the West Midlands where unfortunately there is a distinct lack of competition.
My nearest 4 dealers are ALL owned by the same company grrrrr.
Can anyone please advise the cost they have paid (ideally recently) for a first, (2 year) service on their e-golf and at which dealer that was?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @ElectRick, I've not been able to get a sensible price yet, first 4 dealers wanted £180 - £220, Rucking Fob Dogs. Three of those were all the same franchise operator (and all three gave different prices)
I'm beginning to think it's a stick a wet finger in the air and see which way they think the wind's blowing process.
One of the silly sods started telling me they use long life oil in the engine and gearbox:rolleyes:😂 so I asked him if the price also included a full tank of fuel:geek:
Perhaps they have all been together doing some VW training and have contracted coronavirus in their brains.
Not sure where @Tooks resides, or which dealer he used, maybe he will chirp in.
5 months ago @Stephen Watson said he got it done for £79 in Workington! and South Lakes quoted £118
See here Service Cost
I feel a trip further afield is called for here, I'm not about to volunteer to have my trousers lowered by any of the local stealers.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Thanks @ElectRick, I've not been able to get a sensible price yet, first 4 dealers wanted £180 - £220, Rucking Fob Dogs. Three of those were all the same franchise operator (and all three gave different prices)
I'm beginning to think it's a stick a wet finger in the air and see which way they think the wind's blowing process.
One of the silly sods started telling me they use long life oil in the engine and gearbox:rolleyes:😂 so I asked him if the price also included a full tank of fuel:geek:
Perhaps they have all been together doing some VW training and have contracted coronavirus in their brains.
Not sure where @Tooks resides, or which dealer he used, maybe he will chirp in.
5 months ago @Stephen Watson said he got it done for £79 in Workington! and South Lakes quoted £118
See here Service Cost
I feel a trip further afield is called for here, I'm not about to volunteer to have my trousers lowered by any of the local stealers.
I’m in the Lincs/Leics border area.

My £108 got me collection/drop off, the inspection and a cabin/pollen filter, dealer is in Peterborough.

Not sure if the collection/drop off was included only due to Covid, they’ve never offered it before.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m in the Lincs/Leics border area.

My £108 got me collection/drop off, the inspection and a cabin/pollen filter, dealer is in Peterborough.

Not sure if the collection/drop off was included only due to Covid, they’ve never offered it before.
Just spoke to Robinsons at Peterborough.
Initially they quoted £170.81 for inspection and pollen filter!
I then asked what their labour rate was, they said £120 per hour, I then said: so pollen filter is about £51? they said "not quite"....
After some lengthy but very pleasant negotiation they agreed to £108 (I will deliver the car myself)
I have the car booked with them in 3 months time as service is not due until then.
Many thanks @Tooks I really appreciate your kind assistance, I certainly owe you a glass of your favourite liquid.
If you are around when I bring my car, please PM me your contact details and maybe we can enjoy a jar as I hope the hostelries will be open again by then (15th October)

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Just spoke to Robinsons at Peterborough.
Initially they quoted £170.81 for inspection and pollen filter!
I then asked what their labour rate was, they said £120 per hour, I then said: so pollen filter is about £51? they said "not quite"....
After some lengthy but very pleasant negotiation they agreed to £108 (I will deliver the car myself)
I have the car booked with them in 3 months time as service is not due until then.
Many thanks @Tooks I really appreciate your kind assistance, I certainly owe you a glass of your favourite liquid.
If you are around when I bring my car, please PM me your contact details and maybe we can enjoy a jar as I hope the hostelries will be open again by then (15th October)
Glad they sorted you out! (y) Pricing seems to be all over the place, hopefully they’ll come up with a sensible and consistent pricing policy for EV servicing soon.

And, blimey, beer from an actual pub! Dare we dream?!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m dreaming, I’m fed up up of the nightmares of no pubs over the last 3 months!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got quote for the first service for mine from the 2 local(ish) VW dealerships its due next month. £150 and £135 respectively. (Dorset/Hants)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just got quote for the first service for mine from the 2 local(ish) VW dealerships its due next month. £150 and £135 respectively. (Dorset/Hants)
Just keep phoning farther afield tell them you have been quoted £108,when you find one get a confirmation,then go back to the local ones and tell they can have the job if they price match. They do, it's not a service its a drive by.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts