Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
... and you trust a manual that thinks there are 19 months in the year!

;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... and you trust a manual that thinks there are 19 months in the year!

;)
It’s the only one I could get hold of,I’ve spent bloody ages finding it.
I just need a tidy diagnostic tool for the HV side,my snapon will only do the normal OBD.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It’s the only one I could get hold of,I’ve spent bloody ages finding it.
I just need a tidy diagnostic tool for the HV side,my snapon will only do the normal OBD.
VCX Nano along with GM GDS2 from AliExpress works well for me.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The battery coolant is done with some sort of special vacuum device, my dealers one was (is?) broken so Bellingers have done the required 5year service. Requires the valves sequencing with the service tool as well I think. If you have to do the battery coolant I'd give them a bell.

The Volts (same car) in the US are rated at 150,000 miles I believe for the coolant change.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
IS the one I’d need or is it a different one.
I need it to do the battery coolant chsnge.
VCX Nano along with GM GDS2 from AliExpress works well for me.
I think that's the one I got, or very similar. The names are a bit confusing (at least they were for me before I figured this all out), the vxdiag but does not imply vauxhall. The device is manufactured by Shenzhen allscanner (or something similar) and can be licensed/programmed to replicate the genuine manufacturers hardware device. The vcxnano can be programmed to work with about 20 OEM software packages. So what I'm getting at is, it's important to buy one that is setup to work with gds2.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
The battery coolant is done with some sort of special vacuum device, my dealers one was (is?) broken
Nothing 'special' about it. It is just a standard way to refill coolant in modern cars to avoid air bubbles in complex engine block designs.

Shocked that they only have one, and that they haven't replaced it within hours.

There is so little professionalism left in this country.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
GJO
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing