Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the midst of email and phone call ping pong with VW GB. When is a service not a service? When it's an inspection!

According to VW GB only a certified EV authorised centre can do the inspection. Lift bonnet, look at cables, close bonnet, lift up on ramp, check lots and lots of stuff they don't list... To justify the cost. For this you get a kick in the pants and walk away with a vacuumed out car and a lighter bank balance.

The issue is... Here in North Devon there are no service centres that will touch the car. Not authorised to even look at the car even when it has a non EV electrical issues such at the radio has packed up. Must go back to place whence it came?? Kent?? I cant even get it to Kent as I can't get the car out of Devon!

So anyone know where you can get a VW e-Golf serviced in Devon? Anyone? Inchcape in Exeter won't look at it either!

Just wonder is the ''Inspection'' worth the hassle? Apart from the obvious brakes etc ( my local gargage has looked at these and they are fine), is it really worth the hassle of going for ''Inspection' stamp?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Inspection service seems to be an opportunity to milk you of as much cash as possible. The crap VW have told be over the years is truly staggering. Everything from I need a new light cluster - bulb was just not fitted correctly, brakes needed replaced - hardly worn at all, leaking damper - blatant lie, they also once from what I can make out deliberately cut my CV boots for some extra cash only I had to remind them they were under warranty... Now the wife's Golf is at an age where I don't care about the warranty It goes local.

If you have ever been in the service queue at VW try to listen to the crap they come out with to all their punters... Truly enlightening ;)

I sold my VW to go electric and the wife is planning to do the same, bye bye VW.

Sorry for the rant :)

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain I really do. I think we are all held hostage to the service stamp and that little annoying inspection message every time we get into the car and turn the key. I have decided to get this sorted by the local garage so that is eliminated for now. As my first post, I will just get an inspection of the normal things such as bushes, suspension etc do by the local garage. I just cant justify spending money to a huge group of companies to line their pockets.
On the same sort of subject I wonder how long before a secondary garage EV network will spring up? It surly will be a huge business in a short time to come. The only obvious downside is the stamp and any software updates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts