Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never leased a car before but this is what I'm looking at. Or maybe it's contract hire, not sure. Basically I want to keep my options open for a few years as manufacturers compete better in the EV market, giving more choice and hopefully make them in bigger volume to bring prices down. Also protecting against falling second hand values. So to my question.

If my local dealer isn't prepared to match a deal from an online source and I buy the cheaper online deal, how do I stand if the car has a problem. Will the local dealer refuse to look at it and not do a warranty repair, which would force me to go further afield? (Of course if the online deal wasn't a lot cheaper I'd probably stick with the local dealer.)

Same question applies when the car needs a service.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Needs a service , not a problem can be done anywhere.

Run of the mill warranty, can be done anywhere.

You will only run into a problem if you buy a lemon that has an inherent problem from the start, in which case you would be dealing with the supplying agent.

Just your luck as with any car, shouldn't be an issue tho under normal circumstances.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,121 Posts
I'm sure they'll still be happy to take your money for a service (or the manufacturer's money for a warranty repair).

Perhaps they wouldn't quite go "above and beyond" as much as if they know you did buy it from them (this is just natural human relations?) but would have to be incredibly petty to refuse, as well as shooting themselves in the foot with any ambitions to make you "see the light" and buy directly from them next time around...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will only run into a problem if you buy a lemon that has an inherent problem from the start, in which case you would be dealing with the supplying agent.
That's what worries me. I'm on the south coast, wouldn't want to have to take the car to Manchester, etc.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I bought my vehicle from CarShop Doncaster, and VW Leeds were perfectly happy to service & repair it as needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's what worries me. I'm on the south coast, wouldn't want to have to take the car to Manchester, etc.
If its worth you asking the question you're considering it. If you're considering it, it must be significantly cheaper to justify travelling from and back to the south coast. In which case just go for it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I test drove my car at local dealer before buying online because it was 6k cheaper, I offered them to match the price but they wouldn't go anywhere near it. Now I've had it serviced at the same local dealer and I'm sure they don't even remember me let alone care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts