Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for comments from ev owners who have paid for a service.
What is the cost and what has the garage actually done?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not yet, but the excellent garage that has serviced our ICE/PHEV cars for many years has confirmed they have the equipment to service my Leaf, and have indicated the cost should be around £100 for the first service, possibly less, because the main job is the battery health reading. That’s about 2/3rds of what Nissan charge.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Not yet, but the excellent garage that has serviced our ICE/PHEV cars for many years has confirmed they have the equipment to service my Leaf, and have indicated the cost should be around £100 for the first service, possibly less, because the main job is the battery health reading. That’s about 2/3rds of what Nissan charge.
The battery health printout you get as part of a service is usually rubbish. Get Leafspy and get a much more detailed view which you can check at any time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don’t think I’m technical enough (enough of an electron-head?!?) to go for Leaf Spy, though it’s obviously very good from what people say here. I may well prompt the garage in advance that I’d like an explanation of what they found, though - they are generally very helpful.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,016 Posts
Looking for comments from ev owners who have paid for a service.
What is the cost and what has the garage actually done?
Could you be a bit more precise in your question?

Dealer services for EVs range from £50 to £500 (more maybe?). They look at the car. No service on an EV is worth the money, they don't do anything to earn it. The only reason to do it is where the manufacturer insists, so they aren't allowed to wriggle out of their warranty obligations.

It's cheaper to take an average ICE to an independent garage for a service.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Under EU Directives, any regular service required to maintain a warranty CANNOT be soley from a monopoly franchised dealer network. The only requirement is that any alternative provider is VAT registered.

The only real reason for getting dealer servicing is to obtain any software updates.

Of course certain manufacturers do their best to obscurate actual servicing requirements.

Diagnosis of problems and warranty repair of the same is of course a different ballgame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
freddym
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing