Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received prices today from my dealer.
Service intervals are 20,000 miles or once every year.
1st service is £105.
2nd service is £260.
3rd service is £105.
4th major service is £306.
5th service as 1st and so on.
Have taken out a 3 year service plan to hold the price to today prices and am able to pay monthly from December 2012 to May 2015 at 0% interest. Alternatively the dealer offered a 2 year service plan ending May 2014. Seems to be a good deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just got my dealers quote.I pay for first service.Then
Service 2
Service 3
Service 4
Mot x2
3 years at £ 18.72 per month
Or £ 674.08 cash
Seems reasonable

·
Registered
90 Posts
He will need an MOT at service 3 when it is 3 years old and then again at service 4, so it seems correct to me that it might include two MOTs.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Ah yes... I am forgetting that he pays for service 1 cash so the prepaid services are years 2,3 & 4... MOTs are needed at years 3 & 4.

Thanks for that.

If it works for you then great but I wouldn't prepay that far ahead... I might not have the car that long. Perhaps the prepaid element can be transferred to the new owner but then it assumes it is sold to someone local.

Nope, prepayment is not for me :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Well, in that case I might be tempted if our dealer did something similar. I don't know if they do... I should ask.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,495 Posts
A google search for Ampera pricing brought up this page, just booked mine in for it's 4th service, 80,000 miles. Quote is £331.60, so it's approximately 10% dearer than in 2012 but I also get 25% discount (not on the oil though so I may supply my own) with the Vauxhall Service Club because the car is now over 3 years old. Link if it is of any use to anyone else..

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I thought the 5th service was where they change the battery coolant so need the car delivered with a full battery? So how can this be a "cheap" one like the 1st service? What have I got wrong?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,495 Posts
If they need it delivered with a full charge then they will get it as fully charged as possible, they are about 10 miles from work, they will need to top it up.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think there is a misconception here. I was given to understand the 5yr service which is equivalent to 50.000miles?
(mind you I think Chevrolet counts annual services or every 10.000miles... while Vauxhall I think counts annual services or 20.000miles? ...)
So my 5th year coolant service was done at about £350 I cannot remember exact price. And this service does not include an oil and filter change.

As with the full charge this is correct, they used about 35% of my charge for the coolant change process. So I am sure you will be more than OK :)

It depends if you booked it as a "waiting" service, then you have to make sure the car has enough charge for them to complete the process eitherwise they have to plug it in and you finding another way of getting home and then go back next day to collect the car.

Reactions: HandyAndy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just for info - I had my 4th service last week (= the 80K service although because of the "or annually" requirement I'm out of sync with the mileage) for £275 incl. brake fluid, oil and filters change, collection and return.

·
On a journey....
74 Posts
I have just been quoted by Go Vauxhall for a fixed 3 year and 4 year service plan, starting in December 2017.
They are for my Ampera that has just finished its 3 year warranty, so the Dec 2017 service will be MOT (2nd) and 4th year service etc. The 3 year plan is £679.67 and 4 year £906.22. If the 5th year service is around £350 alone, then this seems good value to me?

·
On a journey....
74 Posts
...forgot to say, for the 3 year plan, the 1st payment is £20.79 and then 32 months @ £20.59, so fairly easy not to notice that amount going out each month..!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,495 Posts
@derekb Where did you have your service done? I have just been quoted £331.60 from Peter Vardy for my 4 year 80k service, new in September 2013 but I do a high mileage. I do get 25% off the cost, excluding oil, but judging by your price this is 20% dearer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts