Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due my second annual service, phoned the original dealer out of habit but they are unable to to confirm how much they are planning on charging, even ball park and they tried to tell me that I had never been there before as I wan't on the computer.

Has anyone had a good experience, somewhere they would recommend in or around MK?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
My first service was ~ £76 and second was ~ £84.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not heard that before. Dealer has to be able to give you a quote for a service prior to you making the appointment. I would call back and speak to somebody else or take car somewhere else.

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,353 Posts
Our first was £79 & have been quoted about £87 (can't remember exactly) for the 2nd.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Renault manchester trinity way service 1. £108 2. Due soon £150 :-/ i suspect i should call other dealers about this...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ps what is a zoe service? Check the wiring looms etc then change the air/pollen filters :-/ possibly sell you some washing wiper fluid for £40 and top up you radiator with coolant?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,559 Posts
Roughly: mandated software updates (if needed), check all moving parts that they run freely, check all fluids, lightbulbs. Check stored error codes. Pollen filter is optional. Personally, I would do that either yourself or by the dealer, having seen the crap that it looks after a year.

Radiator, you are kidding me eh? The big one is for the climate control, the small one cools the motor and the power electronics. It doesn't come near the scorching temperatures on an ICE.

108 or 150 is too much, assuming they don't find a problem and your tires are within spec. Should be below 70 without the pollen filter.

ps: while I am the first to laugh off anyone who is in the "I bet Renault / MOT / the police / your insurer / pick one has something to say about THAT" league, I would argue it is not smart to skip service. They are cheap and required for warranty claims, which can get pretty nasty high with this new tech stuff without any second source.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm due my second annual service, phoned the original dealer out of habit but they are unable to to confirm how much they are planning on charging, even ball park and they tried to tell me that I had never been there before as I wan't on the computer.

Has anyone had a good experience, somewhere they would recommend in or around MK?
Had second service done today, 10 August 2017, at Bristol Street Motors, Derby. From arriving to paying bill took 1 hour 50 minutes, cost £67.82 although on phone when I booked it in they stated £155! On Renault website it quotes £68 for B Service. Included in the service was a replacement air filter, priced at £14.52 and the car was washed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perrys in Aylsbury quoted 84 for 1st and 94 for second. Not far from MK give them a call good dealership but terrible coffee...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts