Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate, RWD, 73kwh, Galactic Grey
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping to get my vehicle in a few weeks (Ultimate RWD 73kwh) and I was just wondering about servicing costs and/or plans? Does anyone know anything about this? When I try to find anything out via the Hyundai website it doesn't seem to want to give you even indicative costs without providing a reg number (which I don't have yet).

Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nobody knows anything about the servicing or any packages yet - Hyundai have not given any details to dealers yet - Another Shambles

·
Registered
429 Posts
I’m just back from a test drive and placing an order. The dealer mentioned in passing that the service interval was 10,000 miles, which seemed a bit low to me. He said the servicing was “cheap” without getting into specifics and I didn’t push him on it.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate, RWD, 73kwh, Galactic Grey
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Service plan costs are here.
Note that it shows svcs 1 and 3 as optional, which is apparantly a mistake.

I might be missing it but this only shows prices and details of what is done for ICE vehicles services? The service is going to be a lot less involved for an EV (and hopefully cheaper as a result)....

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate + tech + ECO packs Gravity Gold
14 Posts
Quote for Ionic 5 service plan now available on Hyundai UK website. Services 1 and 3 are definitely optional. I have received two quotes for a service plan from my supplying dealer covering 4 years, one including the optional services and the other excluding them so it’s up to you which one you go for.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
What kind of things are they doing in the optional services?
Stick it on the ramp and have a tea break, kick the tyres, tick a load of boxes on a piece of A4 and back it out of the workshop. May be slightly more than that but not much.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi,

I'm hoping to get my vehicle in a few weeks (Ultimate RWD 73kwh) and I was just wondering about servicing costs and/or plans? Does anyone know anything about this? When I try to find anything out via the Hyundai website it doesn't seem to want to give you even indicative costs without providing a reg number (which I don't have yet).

Thanks.
Servicing for my Kona is £58 per year until the 4th year or 40,000 miles when the batteries have to be pulled out for Checking and balancing. Currently this is about £500. The dealer should send you a service plan which you can pay monthly guaranteeing the price remains the same throughout the length of your plan. They will quote you on various lengths of plan, 3,4,5 years tailored to your needs

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,027 Posts
Stick it on the ramp and have a tea break, kick the tyres, tick a load of boxes on a piece of A4 and back it out of the workshop. May be slightly more than that but not much.
And make a video of the underside of the car which shows that they put it up on the ramp. And email it to the customer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Worth having the services every year at £58 cos you will then keep your 'free' breakdown and recovery from Hyundai for the next year. Seems daft paying extra for AA or RAC etc when you can have it for nowt as part of having a yearly service/safety check.

·
Registered
Ioniq Project 45, e-Niro4+
2,791 Posts
Quote for Ionic 5 service plan now available on Hyundai UK website. Services 1 and 3 are definitely optional. I have received two quotes for a service plan from my supplying dealer covering 4 years, one including the optional services and the other excluding them so it’s up to you which one you go for.
Would you be prepared to show the details on here please?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts