Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have access to Car-Net where I live (cannot be activated), I'm trying to set the max charge percentage using OBDEleven, I found "Maximum charge level" in BD module adaptation but I don't have the security access code to that module, is the correct setting? Anyone have the security code?
control-unit.jpg adaptation.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why not just set a daily recurring charge event in the car with your desired max level?
Unless of course, you are attempting to set it to higher than 100%, in which case, I don't know, good luck and please report back if you are successful!

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I haven't looked at anything like that, I only use it for checking the battery capacity and don't have any idea how the long coding works, which I assume is what you would need to explore to change the setting. The only member I've seen on SpeakEV how might have explored further is @f1geek.

If I get time tomorrow I will have a look and see if I can access anything on my car as it has the charge level adjustable in the timer settings.

It would be really useful to be able to adjust the max charge to 80 or 90% and leave it there as I rarely use the car for long trips, 70% is enough most of the time. I don't use the car timers for charge settings at the moment so it charges to 100% more often than I would like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It would be really useful to be able to adjust the max charge to 80 or 90% and leave it there as I rarely use the car for long trips, 70% is enough most of the time.
This is precisely what I have done now that the paranoia of 'it must be fully charged at all times just in case' has passed. I have set a single timer that is recurrent everyday to 90%, it's always on unless on the rare occasion I need a full charge that day, at which point I'll untick that day on the timer settings.

I was not aware that the gen 1 egolf had this timer limitation, I thought they just had a smaller battery.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I don't use the car timer. I'm on the Octopus Agile tariff and the rates vary every half hour so I use the timers on my charger to control the charging times. As the charger doesn't know the SOC of the car it can't stop at 90% so I'm guessing how long it needs to charge for. Not a major issue a stop at 905 would be good for times like last night when the electricity was cheap but I didn't want the car sitting for 36 hours fully charged unnecessarily.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I've just had a look and my screen has exactly the same details as your screenshot is showing, and I don't have 30% set as my minimum charge level so I wonder if it's not even linked to the cars settings?
I tried changing the max charge level and it's asking for a code as well.
I would try the obdelevens pen forum for answers as there will be people posting on there who understands how obdeleven works.
I haven't used it for making changes and haven't seen anyone post on speakev about actually making any changes, although a few have said they would like to make changes to a few basic things I'm not sure if any one has done so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts