Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e Niro 2020
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

The profile button on the infotainment system appears to be missing on my device? Does anyone know how to create profiles?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
You are on an older version of the software. No profiles.

Reactions: mobily_uk

·
Registered
Kia e Niro 2020
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, that explains it. Thank you.

Does Kia push out updates to the car or do I need to conduct a manual update?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
Sadly you are in a part of the world, where Kia doesn't provide "free" updates.

If you want your infotainment system updated, you need to visit your dealer and pay ~£40.

An update file is available and you can do the update on your own, but this is obviously a sure way to invalidate the warranty of your vehicle, and all other sorts of issues. Links to the update file (originally from a Hyundai Kona) are available on this site as well.

Reactions: mobily_uk

·
Registered
Kia e Niro 2020
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whaaaaat! I only received it yesterday! I think I'll keep it without profiles unless there is anything amazing in the new software!?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
Whaaaaat! I only received it yesterday! I think I'll keep it without profiles unless there is anything amazing in the new software!?
A couple of things that I like (don't have it installed, knowledge from reading and YouTube reviews): updates the maps to 06/2020 and introduces a filter on charging stations (AC/DC). Introduces Profiles, but to me these have both a positive and a negative side.

Things that I don't like: replaces the colour scheme with a Purple hue. Changes the starting screen to profile selection and mix of map/radio?, it doesn't remember the last screen, you were on. Looses the main customisable 3-split screen, which is big No for me.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
899 Posts
Thanks for that, very much appreciated.

I'll stick with what I have.
There is a thread all about the new purple update here...
It seems to be a marmite thing. Personally, they couldn’t even pay me to have it!
When my car goes in for service I intend to physically block the USB port and instruct them to NOT update it. The super triple pane display is lost forever if you update. Peter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts