Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I am slowly working my way through the gadgetry of my i3REX (2015 - recently purchases) I am struggling with the profile settings. I go to the settings/profiles but then only have the option to import/export via USB??? How would that work?

·
Registered
49 Posts
as I am slowly working my way through the gadgetry of my i3REX (2015 - recently purchases) I am struggling with the profile settings. I go to the settings/profiles but then only have the option to import/export via USB??? How would that work?
Export saves your profile externally to a USB stick you plug into the center counsel.

Import recovers it if your car gets reset .

You can name a profile by "cursor right" or pressing Option.

Profiles are selected manually on that screen you're looking at, but are also tied to a key. If my wife is first you open the car using her key, the Profile changes to hers.

That's it! The actual "profile settings" are adjusted by all the other settings such as preset buttons, map display preferences, radio stations, etc.

·
Registered
BMW i3 120AH
7 Posts
Export also allows you to save it via the onboard 3G to the BMW server (as long as you have a Connected Drive contract)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess this is to follow on from this. I am trying to create my profile, using the information I found including here) and now want to save e.g. radio stations on the 8 programmable buttons in the instrument cluster. Three it will accept (they are radio stations) but for the rest, having gone to a radio station which I want to save), I hold down the next programme button (e.g. number 4) and the display tells me "not programmable" or something similar??? Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You say you've saved three successfully? Just make sure you've not already selected the radio station you're trying to save. Do it from the page that shows the list of all stations, and highlight the station you want. If you click on it then try to save, you'll get that error message.

·
Registered
BMW i3 120AH
7 Posts
I've sometimes had problems with this. Make sure that the Media screen is the main active screen (rather than map, etc) and select the radio station. If that still doesn't work, try scrolling up and down the radio stations, selecting a different station, then back to the one you want to save, then try saving it again.
Don't forget to save the profile if you are successful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts