Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do I need to remove the SD card and download software onto it in order to do this?
At the moment it just says service unavailable. Any advice would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
675 Posts
No, you don't need to do anything to the SD card. Sometimes this problem is a result of the emails being processed by Renault in France, so your email provider rejects them. I have this problem with my gmail account, but strangely the calendar works OK with my gmail login. When I first got the car, emails worked, but it wasn't very useful to me, so I don't know when they ceased to work; perhaps after the latest software update?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Don't you need to be registered for one of the monthly access packs ? Pretty sure mine won't open any of the calendar or email apps.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
675 Posts
In GMail settings, go to the tab called "Forwarding and POP/iMAP" and enable POP or iMAP as may be required.
I already have IMAP enabled.

I read on an R-Link forum that one solution is to use 2 Step Verification on gmail. I tried this yesterday and ended up not being able to access my emails on android tablet or phone, so I turned it off again.

Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
i was thrilled to set up the email successfully, but found it no where near as convenient as using a smartphone, so have not used it other than the once.
I agree, but it's annoying when something doesn't work, when it should. One day when I have forgotten or lost my phone, it may be necessary to use the Zoe's email facility. It used to work when I first got the car.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
675 Posts
So I tried 2 step verification again and I was able to get my phone and tablet to work this time. I then set up an application specific password for R-Link. However, I still get 'Service Unavailable' in the Zoe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts