Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019 and eTron 55 / 2020
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up here today. 4 shiny new Ionity posts.

Post 1. FAIL, 'this device is out of service'
Post 2, FAIL, repeated attempts would not start. Called Ionity help. They reset it. Tried again. Failed.
Post 3, hurrah connected. Yawn...... Max rate of 34Kw.

The phone support was very flakey, I had to make a dozen calls to get through.
The PAYG service is ludicrously expensive at 69p/unit

So it's complicated, unreliable, expensive, badly supported and slow. What a shambles.

Never again. Ionity = another one to avoid.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,098 Posts
They are appalling if after charging such high rates they don't even work.

I'd keep blasting them on social media as it's no longer acceptable for public charging to be anything other than reliable.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,351 Posts
I am not going anywhere near Ionity. 40p/kWh is m upper limit

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,575 Posts
For the prices they charge, and given the level of expectation they generated, they are very poor.

Complain to:
Pia Bretschneider
Country Manager UK
Mobile+49 15168917090
Mail[email protected]

·
EV Convert
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been pointed out elsewhere that the slow chargers are probably on free vend although the App told me it was £8.80 as usual. Maybe so, but I'd rather they worked at full whack and I'd be happy to pay.

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Similar experience for me at Leeds Skelton Lake, 6 chargers, 2 not working, 2 on free vend, 2 ‘working’.

I couldn’t get connected on either of the serviceable ones, via app, contactless or a WeCharge RFID.

Only the free vend ones would work, albeit at 29kw.

Not the end of the world for me with a max 40kw charge rate, but I’d be annoyed if I could charge faster and was expecting it.

I did see an e-tron pulling 150kw on one the week previously though, so when they work I guess it’s good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
At Peterborough services only about two of the units work (out of six). Been like that since they went in as far as I can tell - although in fairness if the Zap-Map comments are anything to go by it looks like maybe some more are now working since I last checked. Still pretty poor though given they are new and expensive!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Ionity chargers on A14 Cambridge have been free since installation in June. Initially all worked but 2 offline for a while now. Helpline says cannot do anything as cannot remotely connect to them if offline. Supposed to be rapid chargers but I've never had >50kw. Chargers in middle of marked bay and cable short so have to park outside bay if front or back charging port. Become busy now even for a free slow charge.

·
EV Convert
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of the two faulty ones was able to be reset remotely by the Ionity helpline whist I was on the phone to them, so there is obviously some sort of connectivity in place. Made no difference, it still didn't work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts