Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Shell in Buckden has had a - I assume domestic style for staff use only - chargepoint that I see a Leaf using quite frequently. When I passed the site recently I saw they had some building work. Given the existing charger I figured the manager there might be keen on getting some chargepoints in and it's a good location on the A1 (there aren't any useful rapids between Peterborough and Baldock)

Anyway, I did some digging and it looks like four chargers are going in round the back away from the smelly fuel pumps with some nice landscaping to absorb the ICE pollution. :D

Looks like a decent install rather than the single token charger. No idea when it will be ready though.

As a slight aside, Buckden council say they want chargepoints for residents, so more may turn up in the area:

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,665 Posts
The Shell station at Markham Moor has turned their single rapid into 4 high power ones recently, I don’t think they’re fully commissioned yet but clearly Shell are starting to push the charging aspect of their sites.

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7kw
155 Posts
Might be time for me to swap to the A1 on my trips oop North then, especially given the higher speed charging these offer. I get that Shell's pricing is on the more expensive side, but if there are multiple chargers and I'm on my way quicker...

Edit: shame the food options surrounding Buckden seem a bit limited though...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be time for me to swap to the A1 on my trips oop North then, especially given the higher speed charging these offer. I get that Shell's pricing is on the more expensive side, but if there are multiple chargers and I'm on my way quicker...
With the Ionity (and old Ecotricity) chargers at Baldock/Peterborough, these at Shell and the BP at Astwick getting some too, plus a rumoured Gridserve at Stevenage, this stretch of the A1 is suddenly very well catered for!

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
227 Posts
I was hoping that was Buckden in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Used this yesterday, impressed with how it's been incorporated into an existing Petrol station, looks a very good layout and has decent space for each car.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 2016 Acenta 30kWh
25 Posts
Yep, we used this last week, Clean and quick, if pricey. No sign of the nice new landscaping though - concrete everywhere...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts