Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Shell recharge RFID on the weekend and just noticed they have billed me £10 for it... the app doesnt seem to mention a charge for card (as far as I can see). Does anyone know if they charge for the card ?

·
Registered
MG5
1,344 Posts
I got mine free about two months ago

·
Registered
254 Posts
I ordered a Shell recharge RFID on the weekend and just noticed they have billed me £10 for it... the app doesnt seem to mention a charge for card (as far as I can see). Does anyone know if they charge for the card ?
Mine was free. Otherwise I would never have ordered one!!! Have you got both type, the card AND key fob type by any chance? I might be wrong but I'm sure they gave you a choice of one or t'other for nowt, but if you have both, they charge you

·
Registered
254 Posts
I used a shell charger last week, at Fraddon Services on the A30 in Cornwall, they charge 4% extra per KW if your details aren't registered on the app (debit card) or don't use the RFID card. One charger had a faulty RFID reader and wouldn't accept any cards, it would only turn on via the app.
This EV charging needs regulating, can you imagine the uproar from ICE owners being charged 4% more for fuel if they aren't registered on an app for the particular brand. But then again... Tesco are doing the same for groceries, if you don't have a 'clubcard' you pay higher prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.