Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Shell recharge RFID on the weekend and just noticed they have billed me £10 for it... the app doesnt seem to mention a charge for card (as far as I can see). Does anyone know if they charge for the card ?

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Life Pro Performance, MY22 (software v2.3)
150 Posts
I got one a couple of weeks ago and I don’t think I’ve been charged for it - is yours a second/replacement card?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,494 Posts
I got one a while ago. I don't remember having to pay for it. The money hasn't appeared as credit either has it?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
851 Posts
Definitely free when I got mine last year. May be they are charging a fee now?
I wonder if that's the case. I got one several months ago for free but never used any of their chargers as there are several free ones nearby. Perhaps they have sent out lots of cards but find many not being used after registration.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,494 Posts
I'd think hiking the price to 41p a kWh is why not many are used. It's a lot for a lone charger squeezed next to the air pump.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered a Shell recharge RFID on the weekend and just noticed they have billed me £10 for it... the app doesnt seem to mention a charge for card (as far as I can see). Does anyone know if they charge for the card ?
Mine was free. Otherwise I would never have ordered one!!! Have you got both type, the card AND key fob type by any chance? I might be wrong but I'm sure they gave you a choice of one or t'other for nowt, but if you have both, they charge you

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used a shell charger last week, at Fraddon Services on the A30 in Cornwall, they charge 4% extra per KW if your details aren't registered on the app (debit card) or don't use the RFID card. One charger had a faulty RFID reader and wouldn't accept any cards, it would only turn on via the app.
This EV charging needs regulating, can you imagine the uproar from ICE owners being charged 4% more for fuel if they aren't registered on an app for the particular brand. But then again... Tesco are doing the same for groceries, if you don't have a 'clubcard' you pay higher prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts