Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On some Shell Recharge website page it suggests Shell has a relationship with Allego, but not sure if actually it refers to old NewMotion rfid cards.

I guess the actually question I have is, what networks in France, Belgium will my Shell Recharge teardrop fob enable ?
Just trying to prevent an embarrassing situation in front of a car full of impatient people.

·
Registered
150 Posts
On some Shell Recharge website page it suggests Shell has a relationship with Allego, but not sure if actually it refers to old NewMotion rfid cards.

I guess the actually question I have is, what networks in France, Belgium will my Shell Recharge teardrop fob enable ?
Just trying to prevent an embarrassing situation in front of a car full of impatient people.
If you download the Smoov app and register an account, you can link your Shell/NewMotion fob to it. It will then activate the points and bill you via NewMotion I think. I'm not sure if you even need to link the fob, it may work anyway - however the Shell Recharge (Allego) points in the UK don't appear to exist on the Shell Recharge (NewMotion) app. I find this very confusing!

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
234 Posts
I have a shell new motion card i ordered about 4 weeks ago have used it on allegro chargers in belgium, netherlands and germany. Expensive but they all worked. Wish i had got the kiwhi card for france to as we took the channel tunnel. I ended up having to use my poor pigeon french with the auchun supermarket accueil and temporarily swap my drivers license for their staff card.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts