Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy my first EV and am very excited. I do have concerns tho. I currently own a house, but will be selling it in the next couple of years. I will most like
y be relying on outside charging stations once i do sell. I was absolutely shocked at the complete lack of a fast charging infrastructure on Long Island! most of the stations are level 2 which would take 5 hours to charge a Nissan Leaf to 80%. There are only a handful of DC fast charging stations, and they seem to be at the few Nissan dealerships. The problem there is that they are only open during business hours.
i think this is a real problem going forward. We are on the cusp of an EV revolution...and yet our green infrastructure is totally lacking. This is a major problem! And it will only get worse going forward.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
And those that believe in the free market always point to the USA as an example of where it works well. Given the risk to the big apple of rising sea levels I'm surprised that they aren't well ahead on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And those that believe in the free market always point to the USA as an example of where it works well. Given the risk to the big apple of rising sea levels I'm surprised that they aren't well ahead on this.
Totally agree. My Aunt lived on the boardwalk in long beach NY during Hurricane Sandy. Her Car floated away and her home was destroyed. Never in my life of living in NY have I seen such storms. We are on the front lines and people need to wake up. I agree, America for all it’s talk of Free Markets...is anti Free Market when it comes to threatening the Fossil Fuel Industry. Case in point...Florida...the “Sunshine” State makes it ILLEGAL to unplug from the grid by installing Solar Panels on your home! That is totally insane. America is so far behind in going green compared to other countries. We should be leading the way. But old, mostly white men in congress and the white house get paid off by the fossil fuel industry to slow progress. I cannot wait until those in power get kicked out and a new generation of science believers who are not beholden to big oil are in control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly unless there is a miracle, I think you people are in for four more years of the same.
I am scared you are right. But i am cautiously optimistic that enough people are fed up with Trump. 3 Million more Americans voted for Hillary than Trump in 2016. Trump only won because Hillary failed to go to Wisconsin, Michigan & Pennsylvania. She & the DNC took the blue collar workers there for granted. I don’t think the Dems will make the same mistake in 2020. Still, i am nervous. This going to get ugly. Trump will crank up the fear machine & the Russian bots will be out in full force. The next 9 months will be Crazy. But i am hopeful.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts