Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mine is with the Coop, £341 but that included optional extras like foreign cover and home/foreign breakdown.

Before getting the Ampera I was with More Than but the Ampera wasn't even on their list of cars to insure so I had to move. Initially More Than wanted to charge me for exiting the policy early (as a result of them not being able to insure me) but they soon saw sense... :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yesterday recieved my quote from Hastings Direct, its been £320 for the last 2 years but this year they wanted £445. I have had no points, convictions, claims etc for over 19 years, comprehensive, windscreen, NCB protection, recovery, EU. I checked comparrison sites and could get insurance for £200 but I am wary of companies I dont know. I gave Hastings the chance but they would only come down to £409 so I went with Grove & Dean for £230, I dont know them but they have good reviews.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm 37, no points, 11 year license, 9 years no claims. Can't get cheaper than £500!??? What is this about? There must be a solution! Who shall I try? Aviva also quote £500. Nuts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I'm 37, no points, 11 year license, 9 years no claims. Can't get cheaper than £500!??? What is this about? There must be a solution! Who shall I try? Aviva also quote £500. Nuts
I used the AA this year, you get very cheap roadside assistance for just a few quid rolled in with it and it was the cheapest quote.

Reactions: aulday

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well pluginsure have said they will call me back 4 times after I called them that many times the past couple of weeks, and nada! Can't get a quote under £500 it's absolutely insane. Just ran quotes on LV, esure, Grove & Dean, Adrian Flux. All circa 500 give or take. I'm up for renewal this month. What the hell!?? Really denting the savings I've made going EV! :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
Had the same problem last year and ended up with the Coop at £354. Nearly due again...

My daughter's car insurance actually refunded her £25 without her asking for not being able to use the car in March!

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it's any consolation the best I could get last renewal was £650 from quotemehappy. I have 7 years no claims, no accidents. Factors such as the area we live must have a significant effect on the price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll try admiral and coop and see what happens. I live in a quiet village on the edge of dartmoor, I can see literally no reason why my quotes are so high. Hopefully pluginsure will pull their finger out in time! Thanks guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Perhaps it's because I include commuting or something. Still pluginsure quoted £320 initially which I was happy with but now their hard to get hold of.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My renewal quote has come through this week from the AA - £346. I'm 46, 10 years NCD, town address, fully comp with commuting to my main workplace. Last year it was £306.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cheapest I found was £450 with One Call. Pluginsure have lost their main insurer so are no longer competative. Surprised my slightly younger age, 2 years less no claims would make such a big difference!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mine is due next month so I'll be interested how it looks.

My daughter (35 yo) is with Admiral for her Fiesta. She got 3 speeding points recently and called her insurance company at renewal time to tell them. This added £40. But the call agent magically found a £50 discount for her!!! THis is the company which gave her an unasked-for £25 insurance rebate in March/April time as she wouldn't be able to use the car during lockdown!! I'll be trying them for a quote...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Today I got an email from Confused.com saying my best insurance quote was £319 from Autonet. Never heard of them. Anyway, I called the AA who got within £2 of that, so I renewed.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts