Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model 3 will still have 3 years vehicle and 7 year battery warranties, so similar overall.
I'm trying to thin down the list further, does anyone know of the technical spec the proposed ID 4 1st edition. I've searched high and low, but not found anything particularly useful.
I really like the ID 3, but my only concerns are no 5th seat and no roof rack.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is it not only the long range ID3 that doesn't have the 5th seat? A roof rack is going to be damaging to range on any EV, so perhaps luggage capacity will be quite important to you?

I am in a similar position, currently have a Model S and thinking about what I am getting next. Model 3 being a saloon is restricting to me because I can't get my hockey stick in it. I know there is a lot of shine to Tesla's and it is genuinely the best car I have ever had, but they are not without their problems and I do miss the comfort of a German car. Having said that the interior of the ID3 doesn't get the best of ratings. I am driving one this weekend so will know more, although I am expecting it might be a little small coming from an S.

If you are considering the ID4, then I think you need to consider to Skoda enyaq also?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to see that someone has the same issues as myself. Won't be using the roof rack all the time, so range effect is not too much of an issue. I've looked at the Enyaq, but I hate the grill so much that I'm not sure I could live with it. However, I like everything else about the Enyaq.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,104 Posts
I've looked at the Enyaq, but I hate the grill so much that I'm not sure I could live with it. However, I like everything else about the Enyaq.
The light grill is awful, but is also an option and not standard! You do not have to get it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The light grill is awful, but is also an option and not standard! You do not have to get it!
Unfortunately, I don't like the black grill either. At least the ID 4 (and 3) don't pretend to be an ICE vehicle that do need a grill.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
What are their costs and ranges?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£35k for the ID3 around 200 real world miles.
ID4 is I think 45k, not sure on real world miles.
ID 3 Tour is going to be just over £4200, and got about about £220 real world miles motorway travel (with winter tyres) according to BatteryLive on Youtube.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
A Jun 2020 LR M3 was recently available from Tesla inventory for £44,300. Quarter end is a good time to get them at discount.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I agree, although cars always look very different in the flesh. Will let you know how I get on with the id3 test drive.
I drove a 1st edition last week and was very impressed with performance, comfort and noise. Performance no where near the Model 3.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I suspect the Skoda Enyaq won't be available until the ID.4 has been out for a few months. I've not heard a date for Seat version of the ID.3 (El-born) production start yet and suspect it will be a while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suspect the Skoda Enyaq won't be available until the ID.4 has been out for a few months. I've not heard a date for Seat version of the ID.3 (El-born) production start yet and suspect it will be a while.
Interesting that Skoda have got on-line build web page for all rear wheel drive variants of the Enyaq including prices. VW have not specified specs or price and should be available by end of year.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Interesting that Skoda have got on-line build web page for all rear wheel drive variants of the Enyaq including prices. VW have not specified specs or price and should be available by end of year.
Wow, sounds like the Enyaq could be out first - shows what I know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A Jun 2020 LR M3 was recently available from Tesla inventory for £44,300. Quarter end is a good time to get them at discount.
There’s only ever a handful available with the discount at month end, plus Tesla can be very flexible with their definition of new. As a model S owner I know Tesla well. The saloon is the biggest thing that stops me getting a M3.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Skoda will come after ID4 , because I guess Skoda production in Czech republic is not ready yet. ID4 is in production now.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
There’s only ever a handful available with the discount at month end, plus Tesla can be very flexible with their definition of new. As a model S owner I know Tesla well. The saloon is the biggest thing that stops me getting a M3.
The OP said he was considering a used M3 LR in any case

1 - 20 of 24 Posts