Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to buy my first EV, i found Nissan Leaf 2014(2gen) with 85,000miles on the clock, should i be worried about anything?
Based on information what i have found in internet EV cars like to be "in use" so i think there is nothing to worried about but always better to ask people with experience.
This is what i got from Leaf Spy Pro, i tooked this screnshoots while car was connected to the slow charger.
I can also see there is a problem with the heater...?

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,517 Posts
The codes should have been cleared and then checked to see if they came back. (they may be old)
You haven't said anything about how you will use the car - journey miles and charging methods.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
You probably need a new 12v battery

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The codes should have been cleared and then checked to see if they came back. (they may be old)
You haven't said anything about how you will use the car - journey miles and charging methods.
I want to use car at least 5 days a week, travel to work and back, around 30km both ways and i want to charge a car at home with granny cable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the asking price - about £4k? The SOH seems very high for that age of car. Just read the other recent threads on this. I'm sure I read the SOH can be temporarily bumped up.

30km total or 60km total?
30km total, guy is looking 6500€, Tekna model.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Why?
What you looking at?
All those error codes, if that leaf is still on its original battery, that's the first thing to check when you have a ton of random codes thrown up

Reactions: farmergiles

·
Registered
464 Posts
What's the asking price - about £4k? The SOH seems very high for that age of car. Just read the other recent threads on this. I'm sure I read the SOH can be temporarily bumped up.

30km total or 60km total?
I wouldn't say the SOH has been bumped up necessarily.

I drive a December 2014 24kWh Leaf Tekna, bought it second hand in October 2016, so had it nearly 5 years, has 40k miles and still has all 12 bars, meaning over 85% SOH.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,340 Posts
Cleevely ev has a :

Nissan Leaf 24kWh Acenta – 2015 54,273 miles £6,995

This Leaf has the following specification, touch screen satellite navigation, FM/AM radio, CD player, bluetooth system, cruise control, push button start, rear view camera, black cloth upholstery, steering wheel mounted audio/telephone controls, USB/iPod connection, automatic headlamp automatic headlights, automatic rain sensing wipers, body coloured bumpers, body coloured door mirrors, chrome door handles, daytime running lights, electric front/rear windows, electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors, front fog lights, heated door mirrors, LED headlights, 60/40 split folding rear seat, climate control, driver’s armrest, front seatback pocket, height adjustable front seats, ISOFIX child seat preparation, quick charge port, tilt adjustable steering wheel, 16in alloys. Excellent condition.

Range approx 70-90 miles. Full 12 bars. 3 pin charge cable included, other cables available at additional cost, please ask for details.
Full service history, 12 months MOT, Zero emissions, zero road tax. £6,995

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
257 Posts
Cleevely ev has a :

Nissan Leaf 24kWh Acenta – 2015 54,273 miles £6,995

This Leaf has the following specification, touch screen satellite navigation, FM/AM radio, CD player, bluetooth system, cruise control, push button start, rear view camera, black cloth upholstery, steering wheel mounted audio/telephone controls, USB/iPod connection, automatic headlamp automatic headlights, automatic rain sensing wipers, body coloured bumpers, body coloured door mirrors, chrome door handles, daytime running lights, electric front/rear windows, electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors, front fog lights, heated door mirrors, LED headlights, 60/40 split folding rear seat, climate control, driver’s armrest, front seatback pocket, height adjustable front seats, ISOFIX child seat preparation, quick charge port, tilt adjustable steering wheel, 16in alloys. Excellent condition.

Range approx 70-90 miles. Full 12 bars. 3 pin charge cable included, other cables available at additional cost, please ask for details.
Full service history, 12 months MOT, Zero emissions, zero road tax. £6,995

Well....£6995 is a bit more than 6500€ for a start, not to mention that the OP is in Ireland so not really round the corner.
The exchange rate of £ vs € today is 1.17 so this £6995 are actually 8185€.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Well....£6995 is a bit more than 6500€ for a start, not to mention that the OP is in Ireland so not really round the corner.
Great site tho - I LOVE the little red C-Zero - makes me want one! If only it had just slightly longer range, but they still make good little town cars.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Plus all the fun arising from B word... In old times it was fairly straightforward to import used car from UK (I've done it myself). Now, with customs declarations and second VAT to pay not so much. (There will be propably no duty on Sunderland built Leafs)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All those error codes, if that leaf is still on its original battery, that's the first thing to check when you have a ton of random codes thrown up
I asked the guy to check battery in the car and looks like it’s still original one with production date 2014, he also said heating is working normally.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
I asked the guy to check battery in the car and looks like it’s still original one with production date 2014, he also said heating is working normally.
Deff new battery then

·
Banned
367 Posts
That SOH is high for this kind of mileage, but it's possible.
If you look at the charges, 3600 charges puts it at less than 40km on average between charges.
Can you ask the owner if they charged it to full each time or to 80%?

If this SOH is legit, 6500 EUR is a very acceptable price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That SOH is high for this kind of mileage, but it's possible.
If you look at the charges, 3600 charges puts it at less than 40km on average between charges.
Can you ask the owner if they charged it to full each time or to 80%?

If this SOH is legit, 6500 EUR is a very acceptable price.
He is the second owner of this car and has it for about 6 months.
He is charging all the time up to 100% but mostly on slow charge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts