Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and found this forum from Google.

I'm from Sweden(got an electric parking spot at home.), and planning to get a car within next month, saw a used Sport Mode, 2019 BMW 225xe iperformance (included winter tyres) at the BMW dealer for 25k gbp/ 32k usd, 2000km/1242 miles on clock.

How's the reliability of 225xe?

On the same time, Kia Niro Hybrid(not plug in) is on sales too, brand new with winter tyres for 24k gbp/30k usd.

I mostly drive in town, and weekend trips to the country side or friends that stay in other city.

Since both price range are pretty similar, what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I personally would not buy any secondhand hybrid. They are vastly more complex than a normal ICE car and assuredly more than a BEV. When they go wrong they are likely to cost a fortune to repair. I am not sure of your motivation in getting a new car but I would avoid a non plug-in hybrid. What is the point of using petrol to generate the electricity you need? They are just reducing their manufacturing costs by not supplying charging facilities in the car - just a cynical wheeze to sell apparently "green" cars to the gullible!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
This forum is rightly generally anti-hybrid so you may be asking in the wrong place.
A number of people have experienced issues with the early BMW 225s with engine and hybrid drive issues. The later ones seem better.
The Kia are generally reliable but much smaller.
Why not go BEV?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys.

Tested drive the Kia Hybrid today, the engine sounds horrible, feel like am driving a diesel car, so Kia Hybrid is out of my choise.

Tested xe225 as well, very pleasure to drive, pretty quiet and smooth. Will need to read further about xe225.

No BEV for me yet, since it's pretty expensive at moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts