Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a dumb question, but should my Ohme wallbox communicate with my R135 to determine SOC. Currently it always assume 0% and will charge to 100% or whatever I set in the schedule. It seems that it should be able to communicate somehow but not clear if it supports the Zoe.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,912 Posts
Yes, it should. Have you set up the API?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
May be a dumb question, but should my Ohme wallbox communicate with my R135 to determine SOC. Currently it always assume 0% and will charge to 100% or whatever I set in the schedule. It seems that it should be able to communicate somehow but not clear if it supports the Zoe.
Count your blessings !

I'm finding that with full communication to my Leaf means that it makes some very erratic decisions based on a fundamental misunderstanding of what I actually want the car to do. For instance, if I set it to charge to 100% but set a maximum unit cost it will try to calculate how much charging it should do and then reset my target to something it suggests is better; then it proceeds to not even get there because it tends to have a 'rest period' during every half hour. Next time I come to use it, it still remembers its 'target' rather than reverting to my 100% so might well not even try to charge beyond what it 'thought' was a reasonable target last time. Even when I've pretended to change my car and not told it how to communicate with the 'new' one it 'remembers' the state of charge and its target from the 'old' car !

I'd really love to be able to assume 0% and charge to 100% leaving the cars perfectly adequate BMS to ensure that no harm comes to it. I'll keep watching this thread and if it turns out that the Ohme can't communicate with a Zoe I'll probably pretend to change my car to a Zoe :devilish:

Edited : just seen dk6780's post. Can anyone recommend a type of car that definitely doesn't talk to Ohme ?

Reactions: Schumpedro

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
May be a dumb question, but should my Ohme wallbox communicate with my R135 to determine SOC.
To be clear, today no production EV provides SOC over the Type 2 connector to a home charging point. Hopefully we will see manufacturers implement this, but for now some use your app logon details to get the SOC from the backend system. I am not sure if OHME support the Zoe - others may be able to confirm?

Reactions: dk6780

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the ohme app select settings, change car, select model and enter user and password for your Renault access.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohme will then charge to a mileage as in adding x miles.
Ok makes sense. As the wife and I drive the car I have the ohme app and she has the my Renault app configured due to only being able to pair one phone. I will have to put both apps on mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The apps are not connected, u just use the Renault user and pass in the add car section on the ohme app so it has the credentials to access the cars status.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts