Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travelled to Portugal 3 weeks ago left my car at home in Scotland, have tried several times to connect uvo but get no responce. Last update was the day I left and it always works perfectly when at home

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hmm. Should work. You don't talk to the car directly. As far as I understand it, your UVO app talks to the Kia server and the Kia server talks to your car and vice versa. Perhaps each country has its own Kia server and your UVO app is talking to a Portuguese server which obviously doesn't know about your car.?
Maybe it's payback for breaking Covid restriction rules :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Should work. You don't talk to the car directly. As far as I understand it, your UVO app talks to the Kia server and the Kia server talks to your car and vice versa. Perhaps each country has its own Kia server and your UVO app is talking to a Portuguese server which obviously doesn't know about your car.?
Maybe it's payback for breaking Covid restriction rules :)
Yes that could be it, no rules broken will have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back 😷

·
Banned
0 Posts
I'm Warwickshire and my car is getting a ceramic coating in Birmingham 30 odd miles away and I'm getting updates from it e.g. doors unlocked so distance shouldn't be an issue but yes I think each country may have its own server or perhaps a Europe server plus a UK server server since we've left Europe.

Would be interesting to know whether people in Europe can get status updates when in a different country.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You could probably use a VPN or anonymizer to "get" your phone to the home country, via the internet... (probably easier via wi-fi than through the broadband data connection).

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts