Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,860 Posts
to bring us back on topic

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way" - Col Nathan R Jessup (aka Jack Nickolson)

· Registered
1,860 Posts
I agree in the movie it was an arrogant statement but I do believe in cases where a private organisation such as a supermarket choses to implement charging (kw) in a way that everyone does not agree with it does not give us the right to attack them. Its ok to put your comments in a polite way but we should remember they are under no obligations to do anything so maybe in we should just say thanks for doing something.

When it comes to public money I agree we have to have much more oversight however it still does not allow members of this forum to publicly attack people for their views because they disagree with your point of view.

I understand that EVs are an emotive issue but I do feel some of the comments posted here are done with the protection of the internet and there is no way the individuals would say such things to the persons face.

· Registered
1,860 Posts
If your the boss at Chargemaster which response do you think will resonate with them

Thanks for your recent email about the changes to the terms and conditions of use of the polar network from the 1st of April. I would like to inform you that I will not be renewing my membership as I feel the charging scheme put in place makes my use of EVs for longer journeys un-economical, and as such I will revert to using a diesel powered car. I understand your need to make a profit form the installation of the charging infrastructure but I feel making EVs more expensive to use in comparison to those powered by internal combustion engines will not serve you, your customers and ultimately may damage the market"

or

"you bunch of idiots are trying to gouge every penny from EV owners while only caring out handouts from OLEV, you have no idea what it takes to run an EV charging network and I will never pay you a penny"

my point is, its possible to raise a concern without going on the attack, and alienating people. Make your point politely, make it firmly but make it once then move on. If you keep going at people they will stop listening to you, you will be put into the bucket of "fanatic" or worse "unrepresentative of normal peoples views" and no one will listen to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.