Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 1312 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not enough BMW i3s in here for my liking so far
ok then,

Spec : REx, Arravani Grey, 428 19" wheels, LED lights, Winter Package, Suite interior, Pro-Nav, Driving Assistant Plus, Park Assist, Harman Kardon Audio.

I love the lightweight manufacturing tech but I'm not a fan of the exterior design of the car. I think BMW could have done better there so I decided that ordering the 20" wheels, metallic paint, tints etc was never going to change my mind about that so instead I put the money into the driver aids like active-cruise (which I use way more than I expected).

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really like these bmws. Designed from the ground up. We where tempted but the stumbling block was only two seats in back. Also we wanted the petrol engine and the salesman seemed completely confused by the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I also like them. Just too expensive at the moment for what they are. I would definitely consider an i3 if one came up for a decent price in a few years.

·
Leaf lover
4,970 Posts
ok then,

Spec : REx, Arravani Grey, 428 19" wheels, LED lights, Winter Package, Suite interior, Pro-Nav, Driving Assistant Plus, Park Assist, Harman Kardon Audio.

I love the lightweight manufacturing tech but I'm not a fan of the exterior design of the car. I think BMW could have done better there so I decided that ordering the 20" wheels, metallic paint, tints etc was never going to change my mind about that so instead I put the money into the driver aids like active-cruise (which I use way more than I expected).
Well, I think it looks awesome! and by using the reply option you get to see it twice

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok then,

Andy did you get yours from North Oxford garage on the 1st march ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi all,

A friend put this together for me. Thought I may as well post it here :)

I've been lucky enough to go out in Mikes DIY EV and its very impressive and well thought out. (pity the video is a bit washed out, its far more impressive in the metal.)

If you like your current petrol car so much you don't want to sell it, Mike's company will convert it into a EV for a lot less than buying a new one . . . and you can choose your own battery size / range and charging method etc.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Picked up my Ampera yesterday and spent most of the day driving to and from Sheffield! Impressed at how relaxing it is to drive and delighted that the "silver" turned out to be bluer than it looks in the brochure. I also got the Type 2 cable as I will be using public charging points in Westminster pretty heavily, if things go according to plan.

Here are some obligatory pictures (including one in the dignified surroundings of Market Harborough McDonalds car park on the way home):

View attachment 823 View attachment 824 View attachment 825
Glad I saw this. I'm picking one up on Weds and hadn't seen the colour in the flesh. I was told it was an ice blue colour but was worried it looked a bit too silver on the website. Can't wait to pick it up....

·
Registered
571 Posts
There is a Tesla Roadster of mine in there somewhere...

Attachments

Reactions: Paul
61 - 80 of 1312 Posts