Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1161 - 1176 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am getting a PodPoint tethered unit. Because the Kia dealer recommended them and I immediately put one on order. Once I realised that PodPoint may not be all that great and Ohme might be better I gave PodPoint a kicking so they gave me a near date for installation and I couldn't bear to go through the hassle of getting our money back and waiting for an Ohme date for installation. Customer service at Ohme is very good though. I hope we don't regret our decision too soon.
Sounds like a solid choice...

·
Zoe Devotee
8,935 Posts

First attempt with a glaze before wax. Seemed well worth it.

Reactions: Neilew and Todor

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am getting a PodPoint tethered unit. Because the Kia dealer recommended them and I immediately put one on order. Once I realised that PodPoint may not be all that great and Ohme might be better I gave PodPoint a kicking so they gave me a near date for installation and I couldn't bear to go through the hassle of getting our money back and waiting for an Ohme date for installation. Customer service at Ohme is very good though. I hope we don't regret our decision too soon.
I have a tethered Podpoint. Less faffing with plugging cables in.

What's not to like...you plug it in, it works. Set the schedule via the car app.

Only thing missing is vehicle to grid, but the car doesn't support it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My first EV turned up on a lorry this week: the basic spec iPace S. Despite all the hassles I've had/got with Podpoint and an Octopus Smart meter, it's not likely to be my last EV

The 18" base-spec alloys have grown on me (and better ride/range than the 20" and 22" sexy rims), a bit Tonka toy?

Trying to resist the urge to make unnecessary journeys just for fun: the hidden environmental impact of an EV?!

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
723 Posts
Witchfinder, that is a beautiful car. What is it?
It's an E-Tron 50 Technik in Galaxy Blue. Absolutely made up. It looks amazing, all the neighbors have been eyeing it up. The old geezer next door asked to have a look around it :LOL:

The colour looks different in different lights. In direct sunlight, it's almost sky blue. In overcast conditions it's almost sober and sensible.

Thanks for your kind remarks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is my Kona Premium SE with the 64kwh battery. I live on the Isle of Man, I wasn't impressed with our local Hyundai Dealer, so went with a UK Dealer, original plan was to go over and drive it back, but COVID stopped that, the dealer drove it on the ferry and I drove it off when it reached the Island.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is my Kona Premium SE with the 64kwh battery. I live on the Isle of Man, I wasn't impressed with our local Hyundai Dealer, so went with a UK Dealer, original plan was to go over and drive it back, but COVID stopped that, the dealer drove it on the ferry and I drove it off when it reached the Island.

View attachment 133160 View attachment 133161
The dog really doesn't look happy!

John.

·
Registered
191 Posts

View attachment 133160 View attachment 133161
Lovely car and beautiful dog... (y)(y)(y)

1161 - 1176 of 1176 Posts