Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 140 of 1208 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well 11 months on and here is the first 'group' photo, obviously not the most flattering angle for the Ampera but everyone else seems to include the front.

Ow look a Futura! I've got one of those, not something you see everyday the Amprera or the Futura :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, it's quite popular. Nightmare to keep clean though of course. I would love to see a LEAF in the Spring Green colour that my Wife's Micra is.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
MUCH easier than black to keep decent, for some stupid reason we've owned a few black cars and it's really, really hard to keep top notch compared to white (and most other colours). :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My new Outlander PHEV at the almost equally new (and fantastic) Gloucester services on the M5(N).

View attachment 1569

Incredibly impressed by the car, this far. Just does everything it claims ...
Looking at this picture again reminded me I was reading a report about this car recently and the reviewer commented on the very large charge bay door and that theirs must have been knocked already as it would now not close correctly. This too was my concern on actually viewing it, plus as I have mentioned before, imo it's on the wrong side for the UK. If you on street park and charge in the correct direction then the plug and door are protruding too much into the line of traffic and just waiting for a 'clunk'.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
MUCH easier than black to keep decent, for some stupid reason we've owned a few black cars and it's really, really hard to keep top notch compared to white (and most other colours). :D
Thats why I reluctantly decided against black for my Ampera - it looked really great, but as you say, a nuisance top keep clean!

·
Registered
68 Posts
How come everybody else knows how to post pictures on this forum? I've spent ages opening a Flickr account and uploading an image, and no variation of the URL it yields seems to work. I don't even know whether this is the right place to ask such a naive question. And it's a lovely picture, take my word for it. e-up! in what we call 'very' blue.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
How come everybody else knows how to post pictures on this forum? I've spent ages opening a Flickr account and uploading an image, and no variation of the URL it yields seems to work. I don't even know whether this is the right place to ask such a naive question. And it's a lovely picture, take my word for it. e-up! in what we call 'very' blue.
Have you tried using the "Upload file" button? (Next to the "Post reply" button).

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
I have now! Flipper, you are a genius.
To insert an image into your post (as opposed to attaching the file) you need to post the URL in to the thread using the Insert option. Along the top of the box that appears when you type a reply is several icons. The insert picture one is immediately right of the smiley face button for the emoticons. Press that then paste the "Direct" URL link in the pop up and click "Insert". (I use Photobucket so Direct is from that rather than Flickr)

Should do this:

HTH

Derek

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Lovely car but I'm still not convinced by that very large charge port flap. Someone will definitely walk into it, it's on the wrong side for the UK when on-street charging and I bet it's not cheap when a replacement is needed?

121 - 140 of 1208 Posts