Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the dreaded SHVCS error and tried a recommended resistor defeat fix (not the defeat plug), which didn't work. What I did notice was the plug voltage was only 3.5v which I understand should be 5v (12v battery is >12v) so looks like it's out of spec which may have caused the codes. Can anyone confirm the normal plug voltage should be 5v and also maybe why it is low?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well I have the dreaded SHVCS error and tried a recommended resistor defeat fix (not the defeat plug), which didn't work. What I did notice was the plug voltage was only 3.5v which I understand should be 5v (12v battery is >12v) so looks like it's out of spec which may have caused the codes. Can anyone confirm the normal plug voltage should be 5v and also maybe why it is low?
Join the club. My car is off to Bellingers this week to have the control system reflashed. My car has 5v coming off the sensor wire, but it drops down to about 3.5v when you put the sensor (or defeat resistor) in series. I think this is what the control system is looking for.

So I suspect my car is actually fixed with the defeat resistor added, but I can't remove the latched code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine seems to be the same. Will have to find somewhere to get it flashed. :mad: I remember when cars didn't have all the electronics and were a relatively easy fix. I used to do electronics for a job but trouble is there's only so much you can do to correct stuff, latched codes not being a possibility unless you spend £££s to buy the gear to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts