Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
No.

If past jobs working in social media has taught me anything, it's that the loudest people typically can't be saved. And that on the Internet, everyone is out for an argument.

You can sit there all day trying to explain and teach, but you'll probably only get about 10% of those people to appreciate your input and actually learn from what you're telling them. The other 90% will fight back with unreasonable conspiracy theories.

If you want to educate these people, it's best done offline. When they see their neighbor got an EV and they start asking questions for example. Or when you get greeted at a rapid charger. Or maybe getting them to go to an event like Fully Charged Live if they're on the hunt for a new car and there's a serious chance to convert them soon.

But I promise you, on Facebook ad comments it really isn't worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Personally, I hope I never need to use a fast charger. I certainly have no plans to. I don't believe it can be good for the battery. Fast charging shouldn't be necessary for the majority of users, even moreso with the huge range of the e-Niro. The vast majority of owners will have time to fully charge overnight with a home charger.

However, regarding the scheptics out there, there is a huge number of people who are convinced that batteries will be knackered after 4 years. Even if yours has 90% at that point, they'll still just say that you were lucky and would expect it to die in year 5 !!!

So it's totally pointless trying to engage in any meaningful conversation with non like-minded individuals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,997 Posts
Even if yours has 90% at that point, they'll still just say that you were lucky and would expect it to die in year 5 !!!
With the latest range of hybrids expect the ICE to be knackered in that time also. What length is the guarantee on the ICE?
Also, read up on the actual power given by ICE after a few years use. Reductions of 25% are not uncommon.
 

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
Joined
·
779 Posts
Personally, I hope I never need to use a fast charger. I certainly have no plans to. I don't believe it can be good for the battery. Fast charging shouldn't be necessary for the majority of users, even moreso with the huge range of the e-Niro. The vast majority of owners will have time to fully charge overnight with a home charger.

However, regarding the scheptics out there, there is a huge number of people who are convinced that batteries will be knackered after 4 years. Even if yours has 90% at that point, they'll still just say that you were lucky and would expect it to die in year 5 !!!

So it's totally pointless trying to engage in any meaningful conversation with non like-minded individuals.
These people are flat-earther’s it’s like trying to convince them that the earth is round it’s not worth the effort, life is too short. Perhaps one day the penny will drop!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
I find sarcasm is way more satisfying than trying to actually educate these sort of people online. As has been said, naysayers will always be naysayers, that is the stall they have set out and that is what they are determined to sell to the world. Leave them to slowly go out of business when everybody else has stopped buying their wares.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,761 Posts
Someone made a good point, maybe in here somewhere.
I summarise;
He's in cinema.
Cinema ad for electric car mentions how cheap it is to run.
Older man in front of him says to his wife (presumably) in loud know-it-all voice "huh they dont tell you you have to buy a new battery after three years" (Top Gears got a lot to blame in that respect I think), anyway ..
He's about to lean forward and tell the guy this is rubbish and then he thinks "nah, there's limited supplies and someones got to pay fuel duty and road tax, might as well be this miserable old so and so" and says nothing.
.....
 

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
Joined
·
29,898 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,264 Posts
They should make a sarcastic advert about these people.

I'd like to see their comments on that.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top