Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my First fellow Ampera on the road last Tuesday(05/06/12) in Nottingham.

Any of you lot?

(White car driving north on A52 Clifton Blvd (just crossed the Trent?) - I was the Grey Ampera driving south!)

P.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Saw another white Ampera on charge at Central Milton Keynes today, was it you MKAMP?
My white Ampera was on charge nearby whil'st doing a bit of Christmas shopping.
Free electric and free parking for EV's in the town centre - superb.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Correction to my posting above on Tuesday 13th November 2012.
The free parking in Central Milton Keynes refers only to plug-in electric cars and that you must be parked in an electric charging bay. Normal parking charges apply otherwise.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this happened last weekend in B&Q Nottingham. Didn't cross paths with the owner, I think this is now my third in-the-wild Ampera sighting... really are not that many out there..

Attachments

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I've never seen one and I have only seen one Leaf in 19 months of ownership!

You've just been lucky!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Seen 3 white Amperas and one white Leaf in Milton Keynes and one white Ampera in Brighton since last May.
Strange that my sightings are all Summit white and your sighting at B&Q, Parax was Cyber grey.
What are the odds on that combination occuring :!:

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
Seen one Volt in the wild. The only time I've seen two Amperas together was when I parked them both next to each other :)

(not counting the last pre-arranged Port Solent meet of course)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I see a Wine-Red Ampera in Guildford Station Car Park regulary. Always gets there before I do and is gone by the time I get back so coinciding is unlikely.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
I passed a black 62 plate Ampera heading towards Winchester on the Winchester Road at Colden Common this morning.

Anyone here?

Strange to think there is another black car in town.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw a black one parked on the Foleshill Road in Coventry the other day, also saw a white German plated in the City Centre, with a full complement of "Ampera" sales stickers around the bodywork?

Gary

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brian Matthews said:
Strange that my sightings are all Summit white and your sighting at B&Q, Parax was Cyber grey.
dpeilow said:
Strange to think there is another black car in town.
Yes something strange is afoot..

but aside, my local none Ampera Vauxhall&Chevrolet dealer has a blue Ampera on the forecourt. It really is a nice colour, if I'd have seen that on one of the test drive days I think I might have chosen it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts