Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but thought fellow Zoe owners could help me out again.

I called Renault the other day to get an activation code for the connected services, as my Zoe was a 3 month old ex-demo the dealership hadn't used it yet and Renault had no problem in setting it up and emailing me out two very similar contracts, each with an activation code.

However when you create your account you only submit a single activation code, I used one of them and now it only seems that I have sight of charging activity (schedule) and pre-conditioning, i.e. I can't see the current charge, which I would expect, in either the website or "app".

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
When you first start the car you see a message on the Rlink about data sharing have you agreed to that?
If you have then try logging into the ZE services app and click on your VIN at the top of the page, scroll down to 'Driving mode' if its not activated flick it to on.

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you first start the car you see a message on the Rlink about data sharing have you agreed to that?
Yes, think we did that at the dealership when I collected the car.

If you have then try logging into the ZE services app and click on your VIN at the top of the page, scroll down to 'Driving mode' if its not activated flick it to on.
Okay, on doing that I discover that it states: Driving mode is currently being activated

On my call the other day, they did state that after activating it could take up to 72 hours to be up-and-running, safe to assume that this is what's happening now, I imagine that ensuring you have a live link to the car takes a little longer to establish?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Yeah it will likely go live soon (y)

Reactions: john_mmm

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it will likely go live soon (y)
Yep, all good now thanks.

I hadn't been out in the car over the weekend, then after going out yesterday there was a notification on the rlink stating something along the lines of "connected services /products enabled", and I can now see battery status and charging status.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Good to hear, by the way you may be able to update the maps free if charge as with a new Zoe you get a month to update maps as they are usually out of date.
Have a look in Rlink store.

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought a 66 reg Zoe a month ago. The salesperson, who admittedly said this was the first Zoe he’d sold, wasn’t the most knowledgeable, so I came away rather confused, and am still learning, and was getting there until it went back last week for a brake light replacement, but they’d reset the system and updated the software and I’m back to square one again, and it isn’t that straightforward trying to alter the settings.
Anyway, does anyone know if there is another charging app similar to My ZE, to check the charge status of your battery.The ZE app only lets me check the battery state every 20 mins, unlike the app when I had a Leaf which I could do as often as I liked. I rang Renault and they weren’t the most helpful, and said it was set up this way for privacy laws etc etc! It also randomly logs me out every few attempts at checking the status. Any ideas, or anyone want to swap it for a Leaf?!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyway, does anyone know if there is another charging app similar to My ZE, to check the charge status of your battery.The ZE app only lets me check the battery state every 20 mins, unlike the app when I had a Leaf which I could do as often as I liked. I rang Renault and they weren’t the most helpful, and said it was set up this way for privacy laws etc etc! It also randomly logs me out every few attempts at checking the status. Any ideas, or anyone want to swap it for a Leaf?!
As is by now well documented on these forums - the 20-minute limit is an architectural limitation of the system Renault bought in for their connected-car services, it's not an app limitation. There is no app that can update your car's battery state faster than the car notifies Renault's servers of same. It's possible to hack around with the car's TCU parameters to increase the frequency of updates, but only while the car is "awake" (e.g. on or charging).

The "randomly" logging you out is entirely Renault's fault, and that's something that alternative apps can get around (by saving your username/password for you).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.