Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... uh, so... is the light bar on the front of the ID.3 between the headlights on all the time, or only when stationary? I realise this might be a slightly silly question as I own one so should know, but I can’t actually see it when I’m driving of course so not sure how I’d figure it out :ROFLMAO:

This is like Schrodinger’s Running Light... while I can’t see it, does it exist in a state of being both on and off? 🤔

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,886 Posts
I think I saw the front of mine reflected in a shop window when at a junction, and it was on.

If you connect the seatbelt behind you and then power the car up, you should be able to exit the car and see the light bar, but don’t run yourself over or anything daft!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,886 Posts

No, that’s not Tooks Towers in the background, more’s the pity!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I wish mine was white sometimes, they do look good with all the black bits.

I would buy one of these though!

View attachment 140370
That is sexy, agreed! My (almost) regret colour is the Stonewashed Blue. My dealer, which is on my regular 1-a-day exercise walk has a white one outside parked right next to a Stonewashed Blue one. Every single time I walk by I have a pang of "wait! Did I get the wrong colour??" before eventually settling on preferring the white. But it's close!

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,733 Posts
I saw a Golf 8 GTD with a light bar and was distinctly unimpressed. It works better on the ID.3.

I have a Life, so no fancy lights, but like others I had to wait to see a reflection in a shop window to know what my lights look like. As I nearly ran myself over with a Polo GTI DSG years ago, I wasn't going to try any silly tricks to keep the lights on after getting out the car 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Seat Ibiza- contemplating an ID.3
158 Posts
I've had an ID.3 pass me at night on the motorway- the light bar is lit at speed, certainly! As do higher-spec Mk.8 Golfs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts