Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the Max and Family, the series editions have single zone aircon rather that 2-zone. I have no problem with that on my Tech, but I now find there is more to it:

The aircon control screen only has 'Classic Climate' controls, there is no option for 'Smart Climate' controls - again I could live with that, but I have also found that voice control of the aircon does not seem to be available - e.g if I say "Hello ID, I'm cold", ID says "Air conditioning functions cannot be operated by voice control".

It seems to be a 'feature' rather than a bug - does anyone know if this limitation is temporary, maybe to be changed in 2.1 - or is it permanent ?

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well it looks like I'm going to have to live without 'Smart Climate' and voice controls for the aircon - my dealer has been told that it is only available on cars with 2-zone aircon. It's not a massive issue, but I am a bit peeved since it's not mentioned in the literature anywhere, and I thought buying a Tech was getting me all the clever stuff - clearly not!

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
202 Posts
But you do get speakers in the rear!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well it looks like I'm going to have to live without 'Smart Climate' and voice controls for the aircon - my dealer has been told that it is only available on cars with 2-zone aircon. It's not a massive issue, but I am a bit peeved since it's not mentioned in the literature anywhere, and I thought buying a Tech was getting me all the clever stuff - clearly not!
This is what I recently found out. The literature is crap, lets be honest and had I known, I would have stumped up the extra for a Family model over my Business.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,678 Posts

Looking at that picture, have you tried a different language?

“Hallo ID, mir ist kalt”

or

“Ciao ID, ho freddo”

😀

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm still trying to get the dual zone in our Family to behave like dual zone! Every time I get in it's set to Sync both sides, every time I unset it, every time I get in...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
DaveA: “Hey ID, I’m cold”

ID.3: ”Sorry, can’t help with heating, but I’m turning the rear speakers up”...
I would certainly get the warm glow of satisfaction from having rear speakers!! But we all know on this forum that rear-speaker-gate (as I'm calling it from now on) is the particular hill I've chosen to die on! :LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. This is the exact question I was waiting to hear back from VW customer service. The only difference I could see between them in the brochure/website was the number of zones being 1 vs 2 zones. I may be missing something. I thought I read somewhere about them offering to unlock it. I will link back here if I find it again.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The only difference I could see between them in the brochure/website was the number of zones being 1 vs 2 zones.
Yes, the difference in the brochure is between Comfort Pack and Comfort Pack Plus but the only change in the text is the extra line "Climate control – 2Zone electronic air conditioning with automatic air recirculation ".

The climate module of the software would need to be different between the two specs, and it seems they left out the voice control and Smart Climate from the 1 zone version

1 - 15 of 15 Posts