Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Spent ages trying to find the way to level 5 only to be told they're not working yet. Won't be returning there in a hurry!:mad:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The team just messaged to let me know the points are now live. They’re on the BP Chargemaster Polar Network.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The chargers are available but haven’t been added to the Polar Network quite so RFIDs and the app won’t work. Apparently this should be done on Monday - but if you ask at the customer service desk then they will start and stop a charge with their card for you

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@DougM have you a white Kona by any chance ?
I do, I was lucky enough to take delivery of a fully-loaded 64kWh at the beginning of November; just-in-time to replace my LEAF 30 before the lease ended on December 31. Before the price rise, and before the order books closed :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
@DoughM any chance your a driving instructor and use your Kona, there's always one doing the usual routes on Brighton Hill,I know a few people who would like to learn to drive and are considering the electric route.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I used one of these chargers last week, worked fine on the polar card.

I'm guessing the staff will start a charge for you if you're not on polar?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@DougM any chance your a driving instructor and use your Kona, there's always one doing the usual routes on Brighton Hill,I know a few people who would like to learn to drive and are considering the electric route.
Nope, I’m the “other” white Kona in the area! I can see it being a great driving school car, although there’s a part of me that likes the idea of learning in the most basic of vehicles before introducing the bells and whistles of a modern car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
@DoughM my thoughts exactly, will flash if I see you I have a grey Leaf 13 plate bought new still a great car but will be looking to change mid 2020 though I don't know what for yet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm guessing the staff will start a charge for you if you're not on polar?
They’re free for Polar Plus subscribers, but others will need to pay-per-charge using the Polar Instant app. If it was free to all, why are we paying a subscription?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nope, I’m the “other” white Kona in the area! I can see it being a great driving school car, although there’s a part of me that likes the idea of learning in the most basic of vehicles before introducing the bells and whistles of a modern car.
I whole heartedly agree! New drivers should still learn in a basic manual car without all the toys of a modern car, so they learn how to actually drive, rather than rely on all these driver assist gadgets. The reason? They will one day have to get into an older manual car and will need to drive it safely. Whilst an entirely electric, self driving future is probably on the horizon in the next 15 years, until we are there, we still need to teach new drivers the basics.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They’re free for Polar Plus subscribers, but others will need to pay-per-charge using the Polar Instant app. If it was free to all, why are we paying a subscription?
The signs around festival place says free charging for 3 hours, I saw the signs first and was surprised to see polar chargers being used.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Even though the electricity is free, you'll need to pay the connection charge of £1.20 on Polar Instant. On Polar Plus you won't need to pay anything (other than the monthly subscription). From the 5th of April, it seems like there is still a minimal nominal charge of £1.20 on Instant

·
Registered
231 Posts
@moojuiceuk bit of an old fashioned view regards manual/auto but one your entitled to, and i dont think for one minute you could use self driving gadgets on an official driving test i would assume it would just be an auto car pass.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Even though the electricity is free, you'll need to pay the connection charge of £1.20 on Polar Instant. On Polar Plus you won't need to pay anything (other than the monthly subscription). From the 5th of April, it seems like there is still a minimal nominal charge of £1.20 on Instant
They have abolished the connection charge on Polar Instant (see other threads in the General Charging Discussion forum). It's replaced with a minimum charge of £1.20, which means drawing at least 5kWh on one of their rapids (and now cheaper than Ecotricity or Instavolt).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts