Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very impressed with these guys. I’m an Avis Preferred member, but will probably switch over now.

At Barcelona Airport they are offering Renault Zoe (from €27 per day), Audi eTron, iPace, BMW i8 and Taycan(!)

Excellent service and they seem to know about EVs and were quite enthusiastic about them. Shame they don’t deliver.

Probably book an i8 or Taycan next time for fun.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very impressed with these guys. I’m an Avis Preferred member, but will probably switch over now.

At Barcelona Airport they are offering Renault Zoe (from €27 per day), Audi eTron, iPace, BMW i8 and Taycan(!)

Excellent service and they seem to know about EVs and were quite enthusiastic about them. Shame they don’t deliver.

Probably book an i8 or Taycan next time for fun.
It's got to be an i8 surely?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
I'm worried about getting my snowboard in.
Rent a snowboard at the destination?

Is there anywhere to shoehorn your boots in?

I suppose wearing them for the journey would make heal and toeing a bit of a problem.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rent a snowboard at the destination?

Is there anywhere to shoehorn your boots in?

I suppose wearing them for the journey would make heal and towing a bit of a problem.
It's probably doable, yes. If it was just me and no kids.

Have you seen the boot in that thing!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I wouldn't touch Sixt with a bargepole after my experience in Croatia with them, I'll pay the extra next time and go elsewhere.

I appreciate that their operations from country to country may vary.

ETA: If you didn't take out their insurance policy (but used another provider), they wanted €2500 on your credit card as a deposit.

Their upgrade from an Astra to a Mokka, came with a smaller luggage capacity, apparently that's okay when you hired above the smallest size (VW Up) because... luggage capacity.

I've always found Enterprise a better customer service experience when travelling with business.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oooo... £350/day for the Taycan... What's the charging infrastructure like through the Pyrenees?
Not bad actually.

You'll want to use the Ionity chargers. But the Taycan should make it to most of the 5-star hotels where you can charge the car. ;)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't touch Sixt with a bargepole after my experience in Croatia with them, I'll pay the extra next time and go elsewhere.

I appreciate that their operations from country to country may vary.

ETA: If you didn't take out their insurance policy (but used another provider), they wanted €2500 on your credit card as a deposit.

Their upgrade from an Astra to a Mokka, came with a smaller luggage capacity, apparently that's okay when you hired above the smallest size (VW Up) because... luggage capacity.

I've always found Enterprise a better customer service experience when travelling with business.
You'll probably find it was a 'partner franchise' over there. I had the same problem in Vilnius with Avis - completely different way of handling customers, regardless of status.

Sixt in BCN are excellent.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
7,728 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts