Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told May is when they expected them to start getting delivered in the uk. Let’s hope coronavirus doesn’t delay this further.

Will be my 2nd EV behind an i3.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have been waiting to test drive one and the dealers are saying they hope to have them from April.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I'm waiting for a Superb iV and it's currently held up in Emden waiting for a ship...apparently the February storms have caused quite a backlog of VAG stuff heading towards the UK. I expect the Citigoes are in the same queue!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer has just got info that our Citigoe delivery is currently "tracking" for May.

Charge point being fitted next week, so will be unused for a while.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My local dealer, Fish Bros Swindon, got their demonstrator yesterday and I have booked a test drive for this weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My local dealer, Fish Bros Swindon, got their demonstrator yesterday and I have booked a test drive for this weekend.
Please would you ask them if the cable is locked when the Citigoe charges? I have one on order and have bought a cable in readiness but am concerned that someone could just unplug the cable and steal it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told it’s unlikely to be May due to Coronavirus, ordered on 13 February. Said it could potentially be July ?

I haven’t done a rest drive myself before ordering but looked at the stats on Skoda CITIGOe iV for stats on torque and bhp to give me a rough guage on stats. Watched this video of somebody doing a real driving demo

The charging cable will automatically lock in place, when you lock the car so nobody will steal it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks to Fish Brothers Skoda Swindon (and particularly Rashida and Paul) I had a short test drive in their newly acquired Citigo e IV. They only received the car two days ago and are still learning their way around it. I could have waited a couple of days until their electric car expert was back, but I couldn’t wait.

IMG_20200314_142137449_HDR.jpg

This was my first go in any electric car but I already own a petrol Citigo so the interior and the overall driving experience was no surprise, but the silence was. It seems quick enough, particularly from a standing start. Just to calibrate what I think is nippy, I drove there in my TVR so if I say it is nippy then it’s not bad at all. It has four levels of regen and level 4 gives relaxed one pedal driving, it will roll fairly quickly to a halt on the flat although on a slight downslope the brakes were needed to bring it to a stop. This one was, I think, an SEL so it had CCS chargeport and heated front seats. On the test drive as soon as it got onto dual carriageway the lane assist kicked in and it would gently keep itself in the lane, again I have no previous experience of lane assist.

IMG_20200314_142228220s.jpg

There doesn’t seem to be an app yet, it wouldn’t connect to Skoda Connect or My Skoda but Skoda Connect did recognise it existed. I tried adding it but it takes the VIN and identifies the car correctly but then asks for the tachometer? reading which I assume to mean the odometer. Anyway, it then says that the app can’t be activated.
There were some questions from the Evezy community site that I tried to answer

1. Is there a My Skoda app, and does it work? No but I think this is temporary.
2. What did you think of using your own phone as the centre screen? Fine, I adapted my existing Citigo to take a satnav in the holder and you could add an 8” or possibly a 10 “ tablet with the correct holder and have the big screen experience.
3. What’s the regen like? One pedal driving? Yes
4. Could you sleep in it on a Scottish Road Trip? Only if you were very short or supple. Then again a friend used to camp in his Suzuki Jimny by carrying a large plank which he had sticking out the back to support his feet outside when in his sleeping bag. (you need to read E7EVs Tesla M3 for a month thread to understand this question)
5. Can you have the heater on while charging, or car camping? I can’t say.
6. What’s the acceleration like? Pretty good but obviously that’s subjective. The 60PS petrol version is good to about 40 but above 70mph is fixed-power variable-noise, with the e IV it’s just no noise.
7. Does the charge cable lock in? Yes, I didn’t work out the switch logic but a double press of the lock button on the fob locked the ports in place.

I would happily have this for my commute. I like the petrol version and this is better. It would do very well along the narrow lanes and the couple of small towns I have to drive through. I was told though that the entire UK allocation of 600 cars for the year has already been sold, I'm hoping that Evezy will come through with one for me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Please would you ask them if the cable is locked when the Citigoe charges? I have one on order and have bought a cable in readiness but am concerned that someone could just unplug the cable and steal it
They all lock. It’s more to do with stopping the charge before you unplug but also stops someone taking the cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to Fish Brothers Skoda Swindon (and particularly Rashida and Paul) I had a short test drive in their newly acquired Citigo e IV. They only received the car two days ago and are still learning their way around it. I could have waited a couple of days until their electric car expert was back, but I couldn’t wait.

View attachment 128874

This was my first go in any electric car but I already own a petrol Citigo so the interior and the overall driving experience was no surprise, but the silence was. It seems quick enough, particularly from a standing start. Just to calibrate what I think is nippy, I drove there in my TVR so if I say it is nippy then it’s not bad at all. It has four levels of regen and level 4 gives relaxed one pedal driving, it will roll fairly quickly to a halt on the flat although on a slight downslope the brakes were needed to bring it to a stop. This one was, I think, an SEL so it had CCS chargeport and heated front seats. On the test drive as soon as it got onto dual carriageway the lane assist kicked in and it would gently keep itself in the lane, again I have no previous experience of lane assist.

View attachment 128875

There doesn’t seem to be an app yet, it wouldn’t connect to Skoda Connect or My Skoda but Skoda Connect did recognise it existed. I tried adding it but it takes the VIN and identifies the car correctly but then asks for the tachometer? reading which I assume to mean the odometer. Anyway, it then says that the app can’t be activated.
There were some questions from the Evezy community site that I tried to answer

1. Is there a My Skoda app, and does it work? No but I think this is temporary.
2. What did you think of using your own phone as the centre screen? Fine, I adapted my existing Citigo to take a satnav in the holder and you could add an 8” or possibly a 10 “ tablet with the correct holder and have the big screen experience.
3. What’s the regen like? One pedal driving? Yes
4. Could you sleep in it on a Scottish Road Trip? Only if you were very short or supple. Then again a friend used to camp in his Suzuki Jimny by carrying a large plank which he had sticking out the back to support his feet outside when in his sleeping bag. (you need to read E7EVs Tesla M3 for a month thread to understand this question)
5. Can you have the heater on while charging, or car camping? I can’t say.
6. What’s the acceleration like? Pretty good but obviously that’s subjective. The 60PS petrol version is good to about 40 but above 70mph is fixed-power variable-noise, with the e IV it’s just no noise.
7. Does the charge cable lock in? Yes, I didn’t work out the switch logic but a double press of the lock button on the fob locked the ports in place.

I would happily have this for my commute. I like the petrol version and this is better. It would do very well along the narrow lanes and the couple of small towns I have to drive through. I was told though that the entire UK allocation of 600 cars for the year has already been sold, I'm hoping that Evezy will come through with one for me.
I saw a review video (of the VW e-up) and they couldn't get the app to work either because when the app asked for the mileage and they entered it the app then said it was wrong so they couldn't connect.
Then someone in the comments said they figured it out and it worked by entering the mileage as kilometers and not miles, as it was of German origin. Makes sense. I wonder if that's the same for the Skoda as it's basically the same?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anybody else spotted that the Citigo will only charge at a max of 3.6kW from a home wallbox? This is limited by the 3.6kW on board charger.

This is not mentioned in the brochure, which says:

"Using a 7.2kW AC wall box, the battery is charged to 80 per cent in 4 hours 8 minutes"

Currently considering whether I have been had!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats the difference between the SE and the SE L model, the latter has the 7.2Kw charger, this is covered in the specification section of the website, I don't now about the brochure. I don't fully understand the pre occupation with charging speed as there is really no need for fast chargng at home Are you really going to drive a hundred and fifty miles, come home and then want to drive another 150 miles within a couple of hours and not pass a fast charger somewhere out on the journey?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I need to correct myself, you can't fast charge the SE as it is AC charging only. I think its definately worth getting the SE L, assuming they ever actually appear. Personally the spec of the Citigo E IV looks little bit too thin, if i was going to buy one I think I would prefer the UP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The information here: https://ev-database.uk/car/1190/Skoda-CITIGOe-iV#charge-table notes that the on board charger is limited to 3.6kW.

Also this from Pod Point, for the eUp:

"The new version of the fully electric Volkswagen e-up! packs a bunch more battery pack, giving it just under twice the range, increasing the utility of VW's cute, refreshed city car. 50kW CCS rapid charging is back, but while charging on three-phase AC power can offer 7kW, max single-phase AC is still just 3.7kW."

Agreed, speed of home charging is not critical from 0% to 100%, although maximising use of narrow offpeak cheap electricity slots is more challenging, and does imply less flexibility in use.

Differences between the VW and Skoda are pretty minimal, I have the SE L on order because of the better deal. Latest is delivery possibly in August....

·
Registered
63 Posts
It far from clear as the Skoda website gives slightly different things in different places. For the link you posted it is not the Citigo's charger limiting the charge to 3.6 kW it is the current from the wall plug and that is the same whatever is plugged into it. That same link states that it can get 7.2Kw from a 32A single phase connection The Skoda website says the SE L has DC charging at 7.2 kW but the brochure states 7.2 kW AC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my SE back in January on the basis of the many favourable reviews. I got the opportunity to take a test drive a couple of weeks ago and was delighted with it. Living in Cornwall the ECO+ mode and Level 4 regenerative braking will suit me well. I drive a lot on Cornwall's many narrow (often single track) roads so a 59 mph speed limit is not an issue. What is really clever about the ECO+ mode is that you can override it using kick down. This means you can join fast moving traffic with ease. My regular drive is an i10, so the SE seems pretty powerful to me!

I'm now setting to work putting together my (Android) infotainment system, which will be based on a Moto G7.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts