Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Skoda Enyaq. However, my wife has back problems , so we need a EV with the softest ride we can find. Apparently all Skoda UK Enyaq 80 demonstrator vehicles have been specified with 21" wheels. I drove one of these vehicles, and my wife felt the rider was firmer that the VW ID.4 that we drove on 20" wheels, but which also has a different design of seat. All Skoda UK Enyaq 60 demonstrator vehicles are apparently specified with 20" wheels, where as I would really like my wife to be able to experience the ride of an Enyaq on 19" wheels, ideally with the optional Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) set to comfort setting. Is there anyone in the Midland with an Enyaq of this specification, or expecting delivery soon, who would be prepared to offer a demonstration drive to a couple of mask-wearing double vaccinated people.I can't risk ordering a car on a 3 year lease, only to find that the combination of the ride and seat design is too firm. Thanks anyone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I test drove the IV 80 from Skoda Burntwood Nr Cannock last Thursday. They were happy to let me have it for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it.

I assume it was on the 21" wheels but you could call them and ask.

The ride was smooth but you did feel the bumps a little

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,760 Posts
I can't risk ordering a car on a 3 year lease, only to find that the combination of the ride and seat design is too firm. Thanks anyone.
Yes, you can risk ordering it because there should be no risk.

If you do the deal remotely, never going into a dealer, eg. via a broker, then it is a distance transaction and you have 14 days to cancel it for no reason whatsoever once you take delivery of it.

Go ahead, and if you don't like it after a couple of days, just cancel the deal.

If you feel that is too rough on a poor snowflake dealer/leaser who doesn't like what the law says they should do, then just re-emphasise this in writing. Make the deal and following all the contracts signed up then say 'Incidentally, if this is too harsh a ride, I will cancel the deal and return the car in the first week.'.

If they don't like the sound of that, because they are not the sort to honour their legal obligations, then they're probably not the right sort of dealer/leaser to do business with.

Of course it doesn't help you too much either because you might have waited a few months and be without a car at that point, but it is the law that you can cancel within 14 days, for no reason needing to be given.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts