Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got an update from my dealer on 3rd May that the 60 I ordered at end of July now has a build week 23 (beg of June) and to expect it by end of July...so they seem to think they are still building 60's! It's a lease deal and maybe because it was ordered such a long time ago? I really hope they are...
Hope you get yours! My dealer was unequivocal (as was Skoda) that production of the 60kwh has stopped. Best of luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered in November an Enyaq 60kwh and almost 6 months later the dealer told me Skoda are stopping production (due to changes in government subsidy policy and shortage of components - all production shifted to the 80kwh model) and I will not get the Enyaq in 2022 and no idea when beyond that it could materialise. They therefore want to back out of the trade in price for my car. Altogether it would not be the end of the world, except I will now lose the government subsidy. The dealer is offering to keep the deal open (perhaps the government will extend the subsidy beyond 9 months, to ??? how long) but cannot commit to what they would offer me as a trade in. Anybody else got the same issue? I realise the world is in chaos and car manufacturers are suffering, but the only party to suffer a loss here will be the final customer, when I thought we had a contract in place. Obviously there are some clauses in the terms and conditions that allow Skoda to discontinue 'making goods of that type' and others that allow the dealer to pay less if delivery extends beyond the original estimate. For anybody out there thinking of ordering the 60kwh model - do not, keep your money in the bank.
WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE BUT THEY HAVE OUR VEHICLE WE ORDERED INNOVEMBER 21 BUT THEY SAY WE ARE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR THE GOVERNMENT GRANT IS THIS CORRECT CAN ANYONE TELL ME?

·
Registered
3 Posts
WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE BUT THEY HAVE OUR VEHICLE WE ORDERED INNOVEMBER 21 BUT THEY SAY WE ARE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR THE GOVERNMENT GRANT IS THIS CORRECT CAN ANYONE TELL ME?
According to the gov.uk web site the car must be delivered within 9 months of the time the dealer registered for the grant or it will be rejected. We are in the same position and have just been told that our Enyaq EV 60 Is in transit to UK so hopefully have it some time in June.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to the gov.uk web site the car must be delivered within 9 months of the time the dealer registered for the grant or it will be rejected. We are in the same position and have just been told that our Enyaq EV 60 Is in transit to UK so hopefully have it some time in June.
Have you spoken to the dealership ? Are they confirming the grant still stands for that vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you spoken to the dealership ? Are they confirming the grant still stands for that vehicle?
We ordered our car end of October 2021 and have been kept up to date all the way through by our Skoda dealer, spoke with them today and they informed us our car is on its way, I am sure that if there was an issue with grant we would have been told. The grant is claimed by the dealer who confirms delivery, when it happens (yawn), and administered by OLEV a government department.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 60 arrived 5th June and we collected 8th June, Grant still applied. Only difference was that we selected the Quartz Grey but that colour is no longer used so our car is grey metallic which we would probably have picked had it been available when we ordered so not a problem. So our wall charger is no longer a garden decoration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
production shifted to the 80kwh model
They have to do this, their output is currently limited by component supply not by customer orders and the reduced volumes are causing massive financial pressure, so the components that are available must go into the highest margin (usually the most expensive) versions.

Sure it's frustrating if you want to buy a cheaper model but the car manufacturers are dealing with issues that are outside their control.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts