Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Skoda have stopped production of the 60kwh Enyaq

9K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  jaffa 
#1 ·
I ordered in November an Enyaq 60kwh and almost 6 months later the dealer told me Skoda are stopping production (due to changes in government subsidy policy and shortage of components - all production shifted to the 80kwh model) and I will not get the Enyaq in 2022 and no idea when beyond that it could materialise. They therefore want to back out of the trade in price for my car. Altogether it would not be the end of the world, except I will now lose the government subsidy. The dealer is offering to keep the deal open (perhaps the government will extend the subsidy beyond 9 months, to ??? how long) but cannot commit to what they would offer me as a trade in. Anybody else got the same issue? I realise the world is in chaos and car manufacturers are suffering, but the only party to suffer a loss here will be the final customer, when I thought we had a contract in place. Obviously there are some clauses in the terms and conditions that allow Skoda to discontinue 'making goods of that type' and others that allow the dealer to pay less if delivery extends beyond the original estimate. For anybody out there thinking of ordering the 60kwh model - do not, keep your money in the bank.

#4 ·
So this was posted a couple of days ago:
and

I've not been able to find any news that suggest that either the 60 or maybe 50 (in EU) model even should be stopped, so wonder if the dealer is just trying to get out of something?

#5 ·
Many thanks Stripy. Being the suspicious type, I did check with Skoda customer services and they confirmed that they had indeed stopped production of the 60kwh (since this no longer qualifies for the government grant, apparently consumers are now opting for the longer range 80 kwh so they have prioritised production of this model). One of the reasons I posted here though is to confirm that the situation is as the dealer and Skoda presented (as they clearly chatted before Skoda replied to me).

#7 ·
Oh well 🤷‍♂️
Shame, because the iv60 is a great entrance to this wonderful world - the iv80 would've priced me out.
Yep me too and having secured a great trade in price too, I was really looking forward to making the transition. Thanks for forwarding those articles. Btw, Skoda no longer advertise the 60kwh model, so sounds like the explanations given stack up.

#13 ·
Yep - tried strong demand and requested compensation when they basically say...we will deliver but it could be 2024! Tbh before I moved on with life, I wanted to check if many others are in the same boat and how they had handled. I cannot believe I am the only UK customer that is now in a position to lose out on the government subsidy and a really good negotiated trade in price.

#16 ·
I guess that explains why it is not possible to order the Enyaq 60, but does not explain why they are not fulfilling their backlog. Honouring those commitments would seem the right thing to do. In my case Skoda will lose my future business as there are plenty of other brands out there with competitive packages and many more will be released soon.

#19 ·
I got an update from my dealer on 3rd May that the 60 I ordered at end of July now has a build week 23 (beg of June) and to expect it by end of July...so they seem to think they are still building 60's! It's a lease deal and maybe because it was ordered such a long time ago? I really hope they are...

#29 ·
Our 60 arrived 5th June and we collected 8th June, Grant still applied. Only difference was that we selected the Quartz Grey but that colour is no longer used so our car is grey metallic which we would probably have picked had it been available when we ordered so not a problem. So our wall charger is no longer a garden decoration.

#30 ·
production shifted to the 80kwh model
They have to do this, their output is currently limited by component supply not by customer orders and the reduced volumes are causing massive financial pressure, so the components that are available must go into the highest margin (usually the most expensive) versions.

Sure it's frustrating if you want to buy a cheaper model but the car manufacturers are dealing with issues that are outside their control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.