Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Skoda Vision iV

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Zilon 
#1 ·
I hadn't seen another thread on this so I thought I'd post this here.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Vision iV concept?

Supposedly a car "80% similar" will be going into production next year. My guess is perhaps an unveiling around Geneva, production start late 2020 with deliveries in early 2021 maybe?

I'm interested in seeing which features stay in the prototype/production car. Camera wing mirrors, suicide doors etc. The interior will be 100% different of course but it'll be good to see what other directions they take the MEB platform.

And on the drive-train their certainly being bold. 300HP and 83kWh battery, even as a vRS model that'll be touching the limits of an "affordable" Skoda I reckon - almost certainly above £40,000.

#2 ·
I'm looking forward to this one too, had 2 Skoda's in the past and I really liked them, good quality and great reliability for about £5k less than very similar VWs. I was hoping it would be mid £30ks but if it's into the £40s it wouldn't be so competitive against other brands.

There is talk about potentially two options for the body, a more boxier practical version Vs the current coupe prototype.

I'm sure they had mentioned a mid 2020 release date, but with very little concrete so far, I'm not feeling that is likely, certainly in the UK. But if they offer preorders early 2020 for mid 2020 delivery and priced under 40k I will probably go for it immediately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.