Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to plug in a Nissan Leaf for 4 hours during the day using the slow charge brick, what would be the typical cost?

(just trying to justify it to my employer)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
If I was to plug in a Nissan Leaf for 4 hours during the day using the slow charge brick, what would be the typical cost?

(just trying to justify it to my employer)

Depends on your cost per Kwk but lets say your company gets charged 14p per KWh

10amps x 240v = 2.4kw

So for 4 hours it would be 4 x 2.4x.14 = £1.34

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
Anywhere between £0.75 and £1.50, depending on how much your employer pays for electricity. i.e. they've already wasted more than that simply by having that conversation!

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's useful, thanks, I was thinking of asking my employer about doing this! Although I suppose if I'm getting paid mileage I probably shouldn't nick their electricity too! :oops:

·
Registered
396 Posts
You might tempt them by saying you will knock the charge cost off your mileage claims which would also avoid a BIK charge on the electricity.

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
That's useful, thanks, I was thinking of asking my employer about doing this! Although I suppose if I'm getting paid mileage I probably shouldn't nick their electricity too! :oops:
Don't forget the cost and charge time are based on how far you've driven! If it's only five miles to work then you're in the region of 10-20p !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts