Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expecting my M3 performance in the next few months, need to make a couple of driveway modifications to get it near to the podpoint.

What's the smallest space you can park a model 3 in? Assume it's like a parallel parking space - how much longer than the car do I need to make it?

The exact scenario is we have a long straight drive which also has a through right of way along the side of the house to a rear property. I'm going to cut a parallel parking bay into our garden in from of the house and am wondering how big to make it... It is 2 metres wide and could be maybe 5.5-6m long.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You're a bit tight on the width, but I'm assuming that's not including space to open a door so you should be fine. If you can go to 6m length then you should be fine, that's about the minimum of a standard parallel space. you could probably go a bit smaller if you really needed at the expense of practicality.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're a bit tight on the width, but I'm assuming that's not including space to open a door so you should be fine. If you can go to 6m length then you should be fine, that's about the minimum of a standard parallel space. you could probably go a bit smaller if you really needed at the expense of practicality.
Thanks, that's really helpful, I'll follow up with a diagram later....(people love diagrams) I might just get to 6m, but if not, I can chamfer one end of the space to provide a run in....

I've still not won my wife over on the car, winning the batlle on sacrificing garden space should be fun...

·
Registered
57 Posts
11.8m, which is only slightly worse than my current grand c-max (11.4m) so shouldn't make a huge difference.....
Not a problem, I previously had a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and it turned in much smaller circles than the Model 3, I was quite surprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts